Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys

No matter how much I change, how many times I clear the Joomla cache and the browser, replace the image etc etc, the JA Slideshow2 module does not show an updated image.

What am I missing?

Cheers!
    Andrew

questbg Friend

Hi Andrew

Try and copy the new slideshow images into a new folder. Then change the image path name in the slideshow module settings.

Refresh front-end and all should be well 🙂

(well, this worked for me!)

aj5r1gg Friend

<em>@questbg 198984 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Andrew

Try and copy the new slideshow images into a new folder. Then change the image path name in the slideshow module settings.

Refresh front-end and all should be well 🙂

(well, this worked for me!)</blockquote>

Thanks questbg. I’m sure that’ll work but I shouldn’t need to do that. What this means is that everytime I wish to change the image, I’ll need to reset the folder path, update the module settings etc.

Any other ideas?

aman204 Friend

Please check if you have images folder set to chmod 777

aj5r1gg Friend

Thanks aman204. That worked. Cheers! Andrew

aj5r1gg Friend

Hi aman204.

Unfortunately, that only worked once… Any other ideas?

Cheers!
    Andrew

aman204 Friend

<em>@aj5r1gg 199110 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi aman204.

Unfortunately, that only worked once… Any other ideas?

Cheers!
    Andrew</blockquote>

You can re-check if the file permission hasnt been resetted back to unwritable one. If so, Please ask your hosting provider to set it right for you

aj5r1gg Friend

Hi aman204

It doesn’t seem to be an issue with the permissions. I have tried using a different module that does a similar thing and it retrieves the updated images with ease.

Cheers!
    Andrew

aman204 Friend

<em>@aj5r1gg 199293 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi aman204

It doesn’t seem to be an issue with the permissions. I have tried using a different module that does a similar thing and it retrieves the updated images with ease.

Cheers!
    Andrew</blockquote>

Will it be possible for you to please pm me superadmin and ftp details to take closer look

urbaniak frederic Friend

hi, i have the same problem when i want change image, and thumbnails not change.
    i use ispconfig and my folder images is 777 chmod

aman204 Friend

Hi Semor,

Will it be possible for you to please pm me superadmin and ftp details to take closer look

tphmedia Friend

I also had issues with this. I deleted the MODULE that came with the quickstart and created a new one, pointing to the correct folder and it worked.

nghiatd Friend

<em>@semor 203969 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi, i have the same problem when i want change image, and thumbnails not change.
    i use ispconfig and my folder images is 777 chmod</blockquote>

Try to turn off cache in JA Slidershow2 module:)
    Best Regards.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  nghiatd 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum