Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I’m currently working on some last-minute tweaks to the Rasite template on http://www.split-screen.net. I’m having a problem removing the ‘Add a comment’ line in the slideshow description under each title. Could someone please advise on the php code I would need to add? I’ve tried trimString and rTrim, but neither seem to work.

Thanks,

Alan

smitheringale Friend

I guess you fixed this already?

<em>@splitscreen 190971 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there,

I’m currently working on some last-minute tweaks to the Rasite template on http://www.split-screen.net. I’m having a problem removing the ‘Add a comment’ line in the slideshow description under each title. Could someone please advise on the php code I would need to add? I’ve tried trimString and rTrim, but neither seem to work.

Thanks,

Alan</blockquote>

Saguaros Moderator

Hi all. It seems the problem has been fixed :). Please confirm the same if it is correct. Otherwise, we shall try our best to come up any solution.

splitscreen Friend

The problem hasn’t been fixed- sorry if my wording was unclear earlier. I’ll try and explain more clearly:

We have three JA Slideshow Modules- one for each section of Home, Features and Reviews. They all have the same issue. If you click on the Sonic Unleashed button on the Home page, the text reads:

“Alan’s infamous breakup letter to Sonic returns. Add a comment “

I want it to read:

“Alan’s infamous breakup letter to Sonic returns.”

It looks like some of the slideshow items have been cropped, but this is only because they’ve reached the description character limit of 200- for example, Letting Off Steam reads “Add a c”. For a shorter text description, you can still see “Add a comment”. You can also see what I mean on the Reviews section for the Typography button.

I need a way to remove the words “Add a comment” from any description, regardless of length.

Hope that clears things up. Thanks for your help. I would take screenshots but I’m in work at the moment and don’t have access to Photoshop!

Thanks,

Alan

Saguaros Moderator

the module called all joomla content plugins to proccess triggers, the “Add a Comment” is generated by the jcomment plugin ( i guess that 🙂 ).
    now i would like to provide you 2 solution to resolve this issue
    1) you use a long description for all articles displaying in each slide, you can refer to the “Law Abiding Citizen” article, this is a standard article. and combine with the “Limit description characters” features of the module
    2) you have to remove code calling the joomla plugins inside a file of the module. You open the file: modules/mod_jaslideshow2/helper.php and find following code:

foreach( $data as $i => $row){

ModJASlideshow3::parseImages( $row, $params );

$data [$i]->text = $data [$i]->introtext;

$results = $dispatcher->trigger ( ‘onPrepareContent’, array ( $data [$i], $params, $limitstart ) );

$data [$i]->introtext = $data [$i]->text;

}

and replace:
    [PHP]
    foreach( $data as $i => $row){

ModJASlideshow3::parseImages( $row, $params );

}
    [/PHP]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum