Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I use JA minisite and JA Slideshow. On Joomla 1.7 everuthing worked fine, but after upgrading to Joomla 2.5.3 JA Slideshow doesn’t show the images from my folder. My source is “from images” and the settings are exactly the same as before. When I look in Firefox with firebug the source shows “/” on the imagepath. The description is all right though.

Here is an example; http://www.korfbal.net/index.php/over-dso/vacatures

Anyone??

pavit Moderator

Hi

It’s impossible to check the reason from here only with Firebug, we need a super user account for the joomla back end to better check the module configuration and the correct path of your images folder.

You can send a PM to me with your account or edit this thread and insert your credentials

hanspost Friend

I’ve send you a PM. Hope you can figure this out!
    Thanks in advance.

pavit Moderator

Hi

Please check now your module

hanspost Friend

Strange. I looked for the result on my iPad and it looked almost exactly what I wanted. But now, I only see 1 picture and nothing else on my Mac in different browsers and also on my iPad. Did you change anything later? What have you modified?

pavit Moderator

I can see it correctly on my FF — Chrome — and IE9 all images are showed, probably you need to clear your browser cache

<blockquote>What have you modified? </blockquote>

In the module settings — advanced options –Thumbnail Mode i have changed from Using Crop to Using Image source

because your images are already in the format nedeed for the slideshow so it’s not necessary to crop them

hanspost Friend

This makes me crazy! I’ve removed all the cache files on my 3 (!) browsers and on my iPad, but it’s still showing only the images. I’ve looked through the settings and I’ve noticed that you had changed the skin in “default” (it was Rasite). All the other settings (stage settings) were empty! I’ve changed them back to what I think is ok, but I don’t see any description now on the right side. Grrrrrr. Any suggestions?

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>I’ve noticed that you had changed the skin in “default” (it was Rasite).</blockquote>

I have changed only the advanced options from using crop to using images sources and nothing else.

Anyway you can find the module settings for Ja_Rasite here

hanspost Friend

Very strange, because all my settings where gone! Anyway, I’ve reinstalled the Slideshow module and changed the advanced option to using image source and now everything is back to normal. Thanks for your help.

creativesmythe Friend

hello,

I tried reading as much as I could before posting – but could you look at my site – I can’t get the top slide show images to show up and I don’t know where to go to get images at the top of the articles to show up. I send you my login info via PM. The images are ss1-ss4 I uploaded via media manager into slideshow folder.
    Thanks
    wendye

pavit Moderator

Hi creativesmythe

Could you check your slideshow now ?

I have configured it for the new images

creativesmythe Friend

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! The slide show is working!!! Thanks so much.

Question – is it possible to lower the title bar that goes across the slide show that you fixed for me? If it’s not possible I may need to change my pictures so that more of the picture is visible, but was just checking to see if its possible to lower before making changes. Can you tell me how you were able to get the pictures to show up, just want to know for the future so I don’t have to bother anyone when I want to add more pictures.

Last thing, can you tell me how to add pictures to the topf of my articles….I have looked everywhere to see how to do this and can’t find it.

I know that I have asked many questions and I thank you, sincerely, for your help and patience.:)

Wendye

pavit Moderator

Hi wendye

<blockquote>Can you tell me how you were able to get the pictures to show up, just want to know for the future so I don’t have to bother anyone when I want to add more pictures.</blockquote>

I have changed the name of the pictures in your module description the one that was before was wrong

<blockquote>how to add pictures to the topf of my articles</blockquote>

What you mean exactly ?

<blockquote>is it possible to lower the title bar that goes across the slide show </blockquote>

I will try to make for you after i have done i will post here the procedure i have followed

creativesmythe Friend

me: how to add pictures to the topf of my articles

you: What you mean exactly ?

The pictures associated with the “most watnted” “must read” “Think different” etc modules that appear at the bottom of the template are associated with com_content. logged into FTP to find out how to add the pictures that I want to appear in these modules. I found com_content but still not exactly sure where to put the pictures so that they show up in the slideshow associated with the modules that I menioned. I also tried just changing the source of the most wanted module to an image path…but it still didn’t show up.

I have attached a picture of the top 3 modules in the middle mass onctent position – I cant figure out how to get my images into the correct position. Having same problem with modules that say “most watnted” “must read” “Think different”

1. mod
    pavit Moderator

Hi
    <blockquote>is it possible to lower the title bar that goes across the slide show </blockquote>

to make the bar lower make these changes

in this file /modules/mod_jaslideshow/assets/themes/ja_orisite/style.css around line 37

.maskDesc {
    background: url("thumb-mask.png") repeat-x scroll left top transparent;
    bottom: 0 !important; <--------set the value of bottom in this way
    left: 20px;
    z-index: 100;
    }

same file but at line 121

#ja-slideshow .ja-slide-buttons {
    bottom: 20px; <-----chenge the value as showed here
    left: 20px;
    margin: 0 20px;
    width: 940px;
    }

regarding the other question <blockquote>how to add pictures to the topf of my articles </blockquote>

the three modules are ja_content_slider modules that takes sources from articles

example : your Most Wanted module takes source from the Orisite demo content category now if you open an article in that category you will see on the right in the options the Images and links features there you can change the settings for the image of the article

I hope was clear

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  creativesmythe 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum