Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Just installed Pyrite template and getting this error where JA slideshow module should be. i have given full 777 rights to mod_jaslideshow.php as well as entire folder mod_jaslideshow under modules…what have i missed?…thanks. my URL is http://www.danvitalo.com

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /var/www/domains/danvitalo.com/docs/modules/mod_jaslideshow/mod_jaslideshow.php on line 297

jsliao Friend

try checking your images/resized/ folders for proper access rights

dvitalo Friend

Hello,

The folder “slideshow under images/stories has full 777 rights.

Dan

cjmicro Friend

In your slideshow module what folders do you have setup for images & thumbs? Both of those need to have write permissions, and you may need to manually add those folders. Maybe you have already done this, but just checking the basics!

And as jsliao said, the folder images/resized/ must also be present and have write permissions. You may have to add that folder if it is not there.

Cheryl

dvitalo Friend

hello,

my Images Folder is images/stories/slideshow and my Thumbs folder is images/stories/slideshow/thumbs. Both folders exist and both have 777 access. The error refers to /var/www/domains/danvitalo.com/docs/modules/mod_jaslideshow/mod_jaslideshow.php and jaslideshow.php also has 777 rights.

dan

cjmicro Friend

what about images/resized folder? do you have that?

dvitalo Friend

i do not have any such folder images/resized…but i do not see that folder referenced anywhere inside the module parameters…do i need that?

i do have full rights to all 4 css files inside templates/ja pyrite/css by the way.

thanks

cjmicro Friend

<em>@dvitalo 113009 wrote:</em><blockquote>i do not have any such folder images/resized…but i do not see that folder referenced anywhere inside the module parameters…do i need that?

i do have full rights to all 4 css files inside templates/ja pyrite/css by the way.

thanks</blockquote>

Can you try adding that folder with write permissions and see if it helps? I think it creates it automatically but if the permissions were not set as such in the beginning it may not have added it. (that’s a guess by the way 😉 )

Cheryl

jsliao Friend

yes cheryl is right. just create the /images/resized/ folder and set it to 777

there is no need to set the
    /var/www/domains/danvitalo.com/docs/modules/mod_jaslideshow/mod_jaslideshow.php
    to 777

the error actually refers to a certain line in the code no being able to create/access the images/resized folder.

dvitalo Friend

finally seems to be working! first I created the “resized” folder under images only…that did not work…then i created “resized” under images/stories/slideshow/…then it worked…craziness! THANKS everybody!!!!

Dan

I still cannot get the JA Tabs to work, but I’ll leave that for another time!

jsliao Friend

sorry i gave you the wrong path to create the resized folder in.

well at least you got it working. I’ve had this problem previously too. It’s very difficult to figure out where the code is trying to create files/folders sometimes. you’ve gotta open the php file and try to find the line in question and figure out where it is trying to access.

dvitalo Friend

right…i should have tried that…thanks for pointing me in right direction! very much appreciated!!

dan

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dvitalo 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum