Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Is there a way to link the images in the Slideshow to something other then the related article?

I’ve tried defining the link within the actual image in the content of the article, but the link doesn’t function in the Slideshow.

I’ve read the User-Guige, and searched similar threads, but the suggested solutions (editing “default_articles.php”) only link the image to the corresponding article.

Can we define the image links in the content of the articles?

tritone Friend

<em>@sobe 257326 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is there a way to link the images in the Slideshow to something other then the related article?

I’ve tried defining the link within the actual image in the content of the article, but the link doesn’t function in the Slideshow.

I’ve read the User-Guige, and searched similar threads, but the suggested solutions (editing “default_articles.php”) only link the image to the corresponding article.

Can we define the image links in the content of the articles?</blockquote>

Here’s a hack. Starting about line 49 in tmpl/default_articles.php you find this:

<p><?php echo $helper->trimString( strip_tags($item->introtext), $descMaxChars ); ?></p>

<?php if ($showDescription==’desc’ && $readmoretext=”): ?>–>
    <a <?php echo $target; ?> class=”readon readmore” href=”<?php echo $item->link; ?>”>
    <?php echo $readmoretext;?>–>
    </a><?php endif; ?>–>

Change the first line to this: <p><?php echo $helper->trimString( $item->introtext, $descMaxChars ); ?></p>

This keeps the tags

and delete the lines below to prevent the module from automatically adding a link.

In your content, you can add a link like this:

<a class=”readon” href=”what-you-want-to-link-to.html”>Read more</a>

Make a backup before you do this!

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Sobe,

Just curious. Can you give me a “for instance” in what you are trying to do? The slideshow is built with two options.. image clicks to item in a category and an image to direct link.

Are you wanting to be able to do both in the same slideshow?

Thanks
    John.

webbra Friend

Hello guys, i´m trying to make this work but we and my guys are not able to do it.

We´re trying to insert an link in the image to lead the user to other site than the article. The link is http://www.webbra.com.br/pi/

How can we do it?

Thanks guys.

<em>@webbra 259114 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello guys, i´m trying to make this work but we and my guys are not able to do it.

We´re trying to insert an link in the image to lead the user to other site than the article. The link is http://www.webbra.com.br/pi/

How can we do it?

Thanks guys.</blockquote>

Not sure which template you are working with, but please see the THIS POST FROM THE USER’S GUIDE which explains and gives an example of how to attach a link to a slideshow image.

Basically, for each slide you have this:

desc img="sl-1.jpg" url="#"]<h3>Say hello to JOomlart Corporate business</h3><p>In our company, our professionals are constantly trained and updated, covering a vast area of business in global financial markets. Count with the best support from our experience team.</p>

The BLUE is the slideshow slide
    The RED is the link you want it to link too.

This must me manually coded from the administrative area of the Slideshow Module PARAMETERS.

Have fun!
    John.

oguenetwork Friend

Hi.

I have the same issue here. The problem with the solution actual built in slideshow is that it isn’t user friendly.

It’s not a productive way to say the final user/administrator he needs to put tags in module configuration to show his slideshow property. So, the source from file is not an option for me.

The category source is an interesting way to make this, but I’ve tryed to link the images in the Slideshow to something other then the related article with no success. Do someone have a solution?

Ps. If the slideshow could use the Joomla Banner Component would be perfect! 😉 (Just an idea)

Queco Friend

THANKS.

It has been usefull for me.

<em>@oguenetwork 259692 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi.

I have the same issue here. The problem with the solution actual built in slideshow is that it isn’t user friendly.

It’s not a productive way to say the final user/administrator he needs to put tags in module configuration to show his slideshow property. So, the source from file is not an option for me.

The category source is an interesting way to make this, but I’ve tryed to link the images in the Slideshow to something other then the related article with no success. Do someone have a solution?

Ps. If the slideshow could use the Joomla Banner Component would be perfect! 😉 (Just an idea)</blockquote>

I’m sorry the slideshow does not meet your needs particularly. Perhaps you could articulate enhancements you would like to see in future editions in another thread.

This thread: Ja Slideshow: how to link images to something other then the related article? … is not quite the appropriate place for your comments as your comments do not deal with, nor add to the discussion of linking externally.

Have fun!
    John.,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum