Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I ham using the JA Slideshow Lite module on my JA Zite site at crushvolleyball.com for the top level image slider. I want to add a second, more basic image slideshow to a lower part of the page that will draw from images that have been uploaded to the /media section of my site (they are part of K2 images). The screenshot of the documentation for the JA Slideshow lite module shows the ability to specify any directory as the source (https://static.joomlart.com/images/templates/j25/ja_zite/full/backend.jpg) but when I go into my backend settings it is only a drop down and you can’t go any higher than /images (I can’t get over to /media).

Is there a setting for admin that I am missing somehwere?

TomC Moderator

Is there any reason why you can’t upload the images you want to use for your slideshow into the images directory?

aakelley Friend

Because the images are being uploaded by users to individual galleries to K2 profile pages (through the front end) using the Simple Image Pro plugin. Those images go into subfolders in the /media directory and there is no option to move that directory. I saw the option in the docs for slideshow so thought I might be able to fix it there.

aakelley Friend

Just checking back – is the documentation for an old version and pointing to any directory is no longer an option?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@aakelley 409400 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just checking back – is the documentation for an old version and pointing to any directory is no longer an option?</blockquote>

Please have a look at our new document for JA Slideshow Lite module here. You can select folder to load images in the module, but no option to upload images directly from module.

aakelley Friend

The documentation matches what I see – so that means that you can only serve images that live in the /images folder or below? It looked like from this – https://static.joomlart.com/im…ll/backend.jpg that you used to be able to select any directory in your installation – any way to turn that back on?

Ninja Lead Moderator

I guess your site uses old version of JA Slideshow Lite module. You can upgrade the latest version via JAEM component or you can download the module from link and install manually on your site.

aakelley Friend

Actually I think the problem is that I don’t have an old version of the slides show. Did you look at how the interface appears here: https://static.joomlart.com/images/templates/j25/ja_zite/full/backend.jpg ?

It’s different that what you linked to (and it’s actually what I want since you can go outside of the /images folder to select the images that the slide show shows. I don’t need to add images in the module – I need the module to get images in a folder that isn’t under /images.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Please try to get the latest version of JA Slideshow Lite module, it will still get images from image folder and also provide option so that you can decide which one will be displayed in slideshow.

1. select_folder
    aakelley Friend

I have the latest version. I want the option to select images OUTSIDE of the /images folder. I need to have it display images from the /media folder. I am using a plugin that allows users to add image galleries to their profile pages (SImple Image GAllery Pro) and that is where it puts them. /images and /media are both in the root and the current version of the slideshow plugin won’t let me look anywhere except within /images.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I’m afraid that you will not be able to do that. I’ve discussed with development team and due to the rule of Joomla about security, you should not select images to display from that /media folder. This module should retrieve images from /images folder only.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum