Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I have made a slideshow and I only want it on my homepage. It is showing up on my articles pages (http://ogjamseries.com/9-results/15-2014-2-fontana-skatepark) where I don’t want it. Only the homepage is checked in the Menu Assignment.

The articles are obviously not in the menu assignment, where do I turn off the JA Slideshow Lite for articles?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello Jeff
    You can see the article http://ogjamseries.com/9-results/15-2014-2-fontana-skatepark
    Is under the category Results (9-results in URL) and the category is not added in any menu so whenever you will open the article
    in the category results it will open the article on the Homepage .
    Create a menu (category blog ) or add the category Result in a already created menu . So whenever you will open the article it will open the article under the menu where you added the category Result not on the Homepage .

phong nam Friend

Hi Jeff,

I checked few article links, the result article look like so

<h1><strong>Results</strong></h1>
    <p><strong>2014</strong></p>
    <p>Overall Results</p>
    <p><a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12&catid=9&Itemid=101">2014 #5 - Vans Skatepark</a></p>
    <p><a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&catid=9&Itemid=101">2014 #4 - Pedlow Skatepark</a></p>
    <p><a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14&catid=9&Itemid=101">2014 #3 - The Cove Skatepark</a></p>
    <p><a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15&catid=9&Itemid=101">2014 #2 - Fontana Skatepark</a></p>
    <p><a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16&catid=9&Itemid=101">2014 #1 - Clairemont YMCA</a></p>
    <p><strong>2013</strong></p>
    <p>*</p>
    <p><strong>2012</strong></p>
    <p>*</p>
    <p>*</p>

How did you get these links? These links get the categoryid from category Result(id = 9) and Home menu item with Itemid = 101

I think its a problem because you have assigned the slideshow module for Home menu item only(id = 101), the links above included menu home id at the last url prefix, that why slideshow module appear on these articles.

Let fix these links by removing the last “Itemid=101” , for e.g: http://www.ogjamseries.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12&catid=9, the code for result article look like so

<h1><strong>Results</strong></h1>
    <p><strong>2014</strong></p>
    <p>Overall Results</p>
    <p><a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12&catid=9">2014 #5 - Vans Skatepark</a></p>
    <p><a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&catid=9">2014 #4 - Pedlow Skatepark</a></p>
    <p><a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14&catid=9">2014 #3 - The Cove Skatepark</a></p>
    <p><a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15&catid=9">2014 #2 - Fontana Skatepark</a></p>
    <p><a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16&catid=9">2014 #1 - Clairemont YMCA</a></p>
    <p><strong>2013</strong></p>
    <p>*</p>
    <p><strong>2012</strong></p>
    <p>*</p>
    <p>*</p>

Please check and let me know about the result.

pearlhouse Friend

I made the category in the Menu and it works, it just took out my nicer looking landing page.
    Thanks for the help.

pearlhouse Friend

@leo, I will try to manually do that later today. I used the Article Button under the entry space for the article to link up the other articles. I am not sure I I will be able to edit them, but I will try. The other solution works, I just have a little more work to format it the way i would like.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pearlhouse 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum