Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

If you set your Source to From Image Folder under Resource Settings and wish to customize the thumbnail, follow these steps:

Note that slideshow automatically generates thumbnail images in the size specified in the module under “Navigator Settings – thumbnail width and height”. Further note that these thumbnails are located in the Media Manager under the folder resized/images/….

If you wish to customize your thumbnail to either show a different image and/or text , complete the following steps:

1. Edit your JA Slideshow Module
    2. Under Navigator Settings, add your thumbnail width and height.
    3. Under Navigator Settings, add your image width and height slightly larger to have nice padding around your image.
    4. Save and close
    5. Go to Media Manager – resized/images… and locate your resized image.

Note that every time you make changes to your thumbnail width and height in the module, an image will automatically be generated in that size. So if you find multiple thumbnails for a slide, you can delete the ones you will not be using.
    6. Locate the correct thumbnail size and note the file name.
    7. Rename your custom image to the thumbnail file name generated
    8. Upload your image and replace. Note: if you are unable to replace, delete the image thumbnail and upload your custom thumbnail.

I was able to create text thumbnails for each of the slides. This was important for me since I didnt want to use the intro content in the article.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ritzcruz 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum