Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Wanting to display my Slideshow in the actual JA_SLIDESHOW Module position, but that position does not show up in the drop-down list. Tried just manually typing it in, but then the slideshow doesn’t appear. As a work-around I have the slideshow currently in position User1 which works, but now I want to add something in User2 so it cuts the slideshow off.

Any ideas why it doesn’t display in my drop down of module positions? I attached an image of my drop-down menu:

1. positions
    spindaddydad Friend

Never mind. Discovered the error of my ways.

aaronfarias Friend

What was wrong? Just in case someone searches the forums with a similar problem in the future.

spindaddydad Friend

Even though the JA Sanidine position template lists the position for the SLidehsow as “JA-SLIDESHOW”, it actually goes in position “TOPSL1.” In addition, it will not display at all in “TOPSL1” unless there is also something enabled in position “TOPSL2.”

thuanlq Friend

Hi all,
    to check your template supported module positions on the frontpage please append “?tp=1” or “&tp=1” to website url, then enter to view your page on developer mode:
    for example: http://mysite.local/site/?tp=1 or http://mysite.local/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=article&id=3&tp=1
    The “ja-slideshow” module position don’t show up in drop-down, please try to type “ja-slideshow” text by hand in drop-down.

thuanlq Friend

Hi all
    to fix the module position bugs ( the slideshow diable when disable all item at “TOPSL2” position ), please do as following:
    – Open the “index.php” file in the folder “templates/ja_sanidine/” or “templates/ja_sanidineii_light/”, then change lines code:

<?php if( $this->countModules('topsl1') && $this->countModules('topsl2') ) { ?>
    <!-- BEGIN: TOP SPOTLIGHT -->
    <div id="ja-topsl" class="clearfix">
    <div id="ja-topsl1">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="topsl1" style="raw" />
    </div>
    <div id="ja-topsl2">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="topsl2" style="xhtml" />
    </div>
    </div>
    <!-- END: TOP SPOTLIGHT -->
    <?php } ?>

To

<!-- BEGIN: TOP SPOTLIGHT -->
    <div id="ja-topsl" class="clearfix">
    <?php if( $this->countModules('topsl1') ) { ?>
    <div id="ja-topsl1">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="topsl1" style="raw" />
    </div>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if ( $this->countModules('topsl2') ){ ?>
    <div id="ja-topsl2">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="topsl2" style="xhtml" />
    </div>
    <?php } ?>
    </div>
    <!-- END: TOP SPOTLIGHT -->

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thuanlq 13 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum