Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello JA team,
    I am entering the question in the forum after much testing and searching similar threads without luck.
    I have:
    – Joomla 1.7
    – JA Rasite Template 1.2.0
    – JA T3 Framework 1.3.2
    – JA Slideshow module 2.1.5
    – Rest of JA modules and plugins installed as well.

Problem is when I try to publish JA Slideshow in top position, it does not appear.
    However, I can see it when I issue the command ?tp=1 to see module positions.
    Slideshow is based in articles, and I have tried to put in in user1 position and it works correct.
    Other modules appear correctly when I put in top position.
    Seems that the only problem is JA Slideshow when in top position. Other combinations work correctly.
    What can be happening? Could you please help me?

By the way, template layout is:

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
    <layout name=”desktop”>
    <!–Extra css load for this layout–>
    <stylesheets>
    </stylesheets>
    <blocks name=”top” style=”xhtml”>
    <block name=”absolute” type=”modules” style=”raw”>absolute</block>
    <block name=”top-panel” type=”modules” style=”raw” main-inner=”1″>top-panel</block>
    <block name=”mainnav” type=”mainnav” main-inner=”1″></block>
    <block name=”header” type=”header” main-inner=”1″></block>
    <block name=”cpanel” type=”usertools/cpanel”></block>
    <block name=”topsl” specialwidth=”30″ special=”right” type=”spotlight-top” >user1,user2,user3,user4,user5</block>
    </blocks>

<blocks name=”middle” colwidth=”30″>
    <block name=”content-mass-top” >content-mass</block>
    <block name=”inset2″ width=”25″ >left</block>
    <block name=”right1″ >right</block>
    </blocks>
    <blocks name=”bot” style=”xhtml”>
    <block name=”cs” type=”modules” style=”raw” no-main=”1″ >ja-cs</block>
    <block name=”tabs” type=”modules” no-main=”1″ style=”raw” >ja-tabs</block>
    </blocks>
    <blocks name=”bottom” style=”xhtml”>
    <block name=”botsl” type=”spotlight” style=”JArounded” >user6,user7,user8,user9,user10</block>
    <block name=”footer” type=”footer” ></block>
    </blocks>
    </layout>

n6rej Friend

<em>@davidribera 268752 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    </stylesheets>
    <blocks name=”top” style=”xhtml”>
    <block name=”absolute” type=”modules” style=”raw”>absolute</block>
    <block name=”top-panel” type=”modules” style=”raw” main-inner=”1″>top-panel</block>
    <block name=”mainnav” type=”mainnav” main-inner=”1″></block>
    <block name=”header” type=”header” main-inner=”1″></block>
    <block name=”cpanel” type=”usertools/cpanel”></block>
    <block name=”topsl” specialwidth=”30″ special=”right” type=”spotlight-top” >user1,user2,user3,user4,user5</block>
    </blocks>[/quote]

“blocks” is a fieldset please see JA T3 Framework 2/FAQs – JoomlArt Wiki for more information. As its currently written its not a module position

davidribera Friend

Hello n6rej,
    Thanks for clarifying that top is a filedset and not a module position itself. The guide that you poited me is a extremely good one. And I think it can help me a lot to further customize the layout.
    However, I has not clarified me (yet) wether top is usable or not. Let me explain why:
    I was trying to follow the rasite setup guide. Step by step. As you may have noticed, the xml code posted is the default one. No changes made.
    At some point of the guide, it refers to the slideshow module and this is the Backend Settings that are suggested.
    As you can see, it places the module in the top position. And I was doing so.
    As in the example I am using the source from articles, and I took care to crop images to 660 x 300 px.
    Also, issuing the ?tp=1 command, shows clearly a top location in the layout.
    So, I still have the doubt if top is a usable position or not for JA Slideshow.
    In case Yes, then I continue with my mistery of why in my case Slideshow is not appearing in this position. In case NO, perhaps Rasite guide shoud be ammended to avoid confusion.

An thats it. I hope I was clear with my explanations.
    Kind regards.

n6rej Friend

ok I went and took a look @ rasite and it looks like its a 1.5 only template? Is this what your using? If so it means your using a different version of T3 then I’m used to and infact as you stipulated it appears top IS a module position though how I”m unclear of 😛

I’m fairly new to JA so pardon my ignorance. What we need to do is test with just a simple module / article and verify it posts appropiatly to “top” with nothing else in its position.. Assuming that goes well, we then swap to having JUST slideshow there and then test again.
    if it fails then then we need to escalate this to ticket level so we can go in and take a look

davidribera Friend

Hello again n6rej (or should I say Mr. Bear?), 😉
    First of all, thanks a lot for taking seriously this incident. It’s making me crazy.
    Regarding Rasite, I can confirm you have bot, the 1.5 and the 1.7 versions, as you can see here.
    I am using the 1.7 version, as I was upgrading my Joomla install form 1.6.6 to 1.7 in order to solve this issue without luck.
    Regarding version numbers, you can see I have installed the latest versions from Joomlart, to be totally up to date.

I did the tests you suggested:
    – I was setting the JA Contentslider module in the top position(only this module in top position), and it worked.
    – I was setting the Login module in the top position (only this one), and it worked.
    – I was setting the JA Slideshow module in top position (only this one), and it did not work.
    – I was setting the JA Slideshow module in the user1 position (only this one) and it worked.

As you see, the trouble is very rare and very specific.
    Are there other tests you want me to perform? I will do without hesitation.
    Is it perhaps the time to open a ticket?
    If you need a backend user to test, send me a private message and I will facilitate.

Thanks again and best regards.

n6rej Friend

That might be the best idea @ this point.. are we talking a clean QS install ? Perhaps you can try that?
    I understand if you cant. I can’t help wondering if there hasn’t been a new patch for slideshow. i know we DID release tested 1.7 templates just this last 10 days with updated extensions.so its definitely an issue with slideshow WITHIN top.. i doubt its slideshow so something in the template… perhaps extra div needed but that doesn’t make much since either.

When you do make the ticket assuming you can’t QS please be sure to supply SA credentials , pre-backup would be sage.

And Bear is fine lol No Mr. needed.. After all do I LOOK like a MR. Bear LOL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  n6rej 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum