Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello, everything with JA Slideshow was working fine, but now all of a sudden it has decided to act strange. Basically, the slideshow module is showing the thumbnails in some of the articles instead of the main, larger image. I have a large image posted in an article and the slideshow is set up to take images from articles. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

You can see my problem here: http://www.thepumphouse.org

The first two articles are showing the thumbnail image in the slideshow while the last one is showing it fine. I’ve tried so many things and I’m not sure why it’s not working. Everything was fine until a few days ago.

Also, another really strange thing is if you login on the front end, everything looks fine!!

Is there a solution for this? Thanks!

Sherlock Friend

Dear thepumph,

I saw that images on your slideshow have been resized twice,Please just try as follow
    Go to modules/mod_jaslideshow2/helper.php file,look for then comment out these codes
    [PHP]foreach( $data as $i => $row){
    $data [$i]->text = $data [$i]->introtext;
    $results = $dispatcher->trigger ( ‘onPrepareContent’, array ( &$data [$i], &$params, $limitstart ) );
    $data [$i]->introtext = $data [$i]->text;

}
    [/PHP]

I hope these will help !

thepumph Friend

Thank you dathq, this seems to have fixed the problem!

One question, where in the code did you see that the slideshow was resized twice? Do you know why it would be doing that now when it was fine before?

Thanks again!

Sherlock Friend

Dear thepumph,

I am sorry 🙂 I am not much sure why it did not happen before !

thepumph Friend

Okay, and thanks very much! 🙂

There is one more problem now, and that’s if I use the jathumbnail code in the article “{jathumbnail}” is showing up in the navigation description for the slideshow. You can see this in the third entry on the slideshow.

Do you think that’s because I commented out that code, or something else? It wasn’t showing up before, so I’m not sure. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Thanks again for your help!!

Sherlock Friend

<em>@thepumph 184685 wrote:</em><blockquote>Okay, and thanks very much! 🙂

There is one more problem now, and that’s if I use the jathumbnail code in the article “{jathumbnail}” is showing up in the navigation description for the slideshow. You can see this in the third entry on the slideshow.

Do you think that’s because I commented out that code, or something else? It wasn’t showing up before, so I’m not sure. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Thanks again for your help!!</blockquote>

Hi thepumph,

I think you should place the “{jathumbnail}” tag under “Read more…” of your articles.

thepumph Friend

Hi again, and thanks for all the responses. If I put the “{jathumbnail}” tab under “Read more…”, the image is then not at the top of the article when it is viewed directly. It’s very strange that these problems are coming up, as nothing was changed and it was working fine before.

If you have any other ideas, please let me know, and thanks again! 🙂

Sherlock Friend

Hi thepumph,

If possible you can submit a ticket into our support system and give me your admin account as well as the FTP Information then I will have a further checking this issue for you !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum