Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I have chosen JA Slideshow to ONLY show on home page.
    When I click on a product in Virtuemart it shows there too.

How can I make show on Home Page only ?

histeriks Friend

terence;166493Hi there,

I have chosen JA Slideshow to ONLY show on home page.
    When I click on a product in Virtuemart it shows there too.

How can I make show on Home Page only ?

Hi Terence.

As you probably know, Joomla! assigns modules according to menu items. There are couple of ways to exclude a certain module. The most obvious one would be for you to create a menu item of a VirtueMart’s product and then exclude this module on it. There are workarounds if you don’t want to have that menu item visible on your website, such as creating a hidden menu and then excluding the module etc, but i would like to recommend you one very nice extension which is on my list of install-by-default extensions (i put it on every website i create).

It is called Advanced Module Manager and you can download it here. This component will enable you to include or exclude certain module not based just on menu items, but on single articles, sections, categories, components (which is what you need here) etc.

It is very easy to use it, once you install it it will create a new section in your module parameters where you will be able to choose whether you want to exclude or include the module in a component (such as VirtueMart in your case). This is just a tiny bit of it’s capabilities, I’m sure once you try it it will become a must-install-extension on your list too.

Hope this helps 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  histeriks 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum