Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

the JA Slideshow2 module is great, but it means that i have to put massive images in the articles i want it to display properly – or reduce the sizes in the moduule stage parameters – but i like the slideshow module the way it was designed and implemented in the quickstart package.

My question is, – is there any way to have a small image in ‘article A’, and store the large image for ‘article A’ which will display in the frontpage slideshow module in a seperate folder, and then specify that the slideshow module pulls that seperate-folder large image for display with the ‘article A’ ? Basically i don’t want massive images in my articles – they break up the look very badly, but unless i do have them in the article, i can’t use the slideshow 2 module as it is…

any suggestions?

p.s sorry about all the questions …

histeriks Friend

bookpeg;167287the JA Slideshow2 module is great, but it means that i have to put massive images in the articles i want it to display properly – or reduce the sizes in the moduule stage parameters – but i like the slideshow module the way it was designed and implemented in the quickstart package.

My question is, – is there any way to have a small image in ‘article A’, and store the large image for ‘article A’ which will display in the frontpage slideshow module in a seperate folder, and then specify that the slideshow module pulls that seperate-folder large image for display with the ‘article A’ ? Basically i don’t want massive images in my articles – they break up the look very badly, but unless i do have them in the article, i can’t use the slideshow 2 module as it is…

any suggestions?

p.s sorry about all the questions …

I am not sure will it work, haven’t tried it myself, but…

there’s one often forgotten feature of Joomla, that might be of help.

Open Article Manager, and click on the Parameters in the upper right corner of the screen. Once that lightbox opens, on the fourth row, change Show Intro Text to Hide. Then, open one of your articles that’s displayed in the slideshow and insert Read More somewhere after the image.
    Keep in mind that you will have to insert another, smaller image in article, after the Read More tag if you want your article to contain an image, since once opened in full view, article won’t be showing anything that’s inserted before the Read More tag, including the image.

If what i think might work actually works, the slideshow will still be able to get the image and display it in the slideshow.

Try and report back please 🙂

bookpeg Friend

nice work sir – except it doesn’t work via the main article manager hide ‘intro text’ button, it works from the hide ‘intro text’ button inside the actual article which you want to display in the slider module.

thanks again 🙂 we have big images, and yet no big images in articles. superb. I’m also going to write a little disposable alternate bit of intro text to put in before the read more break so that some text comes up along with the large image but it doesn’t upset the flow of the article as it won’t be displayed either. nice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bookpeg 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum