Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I can’t manage to show the Slideshow Photos at the homepage – http://myservices.co.nz as well as its thumbnails.

> Pre-Checks:
    1. I checked at the “Article Mngr” and all photos are there and all enabled. – ok
    2. Plugin JaThumbnail is enabled – ok
    3. Ja Slideshow2 Module is also enabled – ok

I appreciate if you can assist me where can I go from here.

cheers!

Don Lee Friend

Hi,
    The images is resized and cached to folder images/resized. Clean that folder will remove the old cached files.

joomlagarzideas Friend

Hi donglt,

Thanks for your inputs as your advice is part of the solution.

The Thumbnail issue of mine is now resolved after I did the following changes:

1. Change the file permission of “cache” folder to 777 (i’m not sure if this is safe).
    Hence, my Cache Handler was empty before therefore my caching mechanism doesn’t work at all on my website.

2. Then, check your Cache Handler (right side) at Global Configuration/Server set-up.
    3. If you see a “File” on the dropdown menu under Cache Handler then most likely your cache issue is fixed.

4. To test it, try visiting from one page to another within your site and I assume that you should have something being cached at “Tools/Clean Cache” menu option.

If all goes well as per above steps then do the following:

5. Add a new folder called “resized” under “images” then chmod that folder to 777 as well.
    6. Clean up your cache at Global Configuration menu.
    7. Visit your “Home” page and you should notice that the Slideshow2 photos are now showing up as well as its thumbnails.

Note:
    This is not a total solution to everyone as every server has different set-up, so this might not apply to other servers.

cheers,
    garzideas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  joomlagarzideas 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum