Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I joined the club because I really like JA’s Templates, and at the time I needed a Template and JA Avian fitted the bill, .. so I joined.

I installed JA Avian and spent weeks working on it, but in the end I gave up, I LUV the Template, but it was so slow to load, and I have a reasonable speed. Download Speed: 4676 kbps (584.5 KB/sec transfer rate) Upload Speed: 1783 kbps (222.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

I always check and vote on the “site of the month” and get some good ideas for other Templates, but even all the sites on the “Site of the Month” seem to be very slow.

So after I believe 5 months I have tried about 5 different Templates, but am using 0 because they are all too slow.

Does anyone know how to make things load a bit faster? ., can anyone give me any tips ?

Thanks in advance

de P

bigrk Friend

Do you have a URL that is up and running now? This way I can see if it is the template or your host.

depaulus Friend

<em>@bigrk 57720 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you have a URL that is up and running now? This way I can see if it is the template or your host.</blockquote>

I have plenty of sites, but I’m afraid I removed all the JA Templates, and am now using WordPress Templates without any problems (very fast loading)

I would love to use a few of the excellent JA Templates, but as I mentioned, but to to them being so slow I choose not to.

But even the sites in “Sites of the Month” , nealy all of them are very slow to load..

Am I the only one that thinks this is a problem?

de P

bigrk Friend

Pretty Much. I use the original Teline for my site and it works great! I also use the Paritti template for my daughters wedding website and it works as well.

depaulus Friend

<em>@bigrk 57724 wrote:</em><blockquote>Pretty Much. I use the original Teline for my site and it works great! I also use the Paritti template for my daughters wedding website and it works as well.</blockquote>

I would love to use the Teline, as we speak (or type) I am looking into purchasing WP Mimbo Pro, costs $90, but I know Teline would be ideal, if not better, but it seems an extremely complex template to work with?.. How is your experience working with Teline bigrk;57724?

Any chance of posting your URL, I would like to see how fast it loads, and see what you have done with it.

Regards.

de P

bigrk Friend
    depaulus Friend

<em>@bigrk 57728 wrote:</em><blockquote>http://www.oregonsgolf.com

:)</blockquote>

Very nice site bigrk, thanks for sharing, and I am glad to say that it loaded very fast.
    It is good to see the possibilities that can be achieved with these templates.
    I’m off to download it, and give it my best.

Thanks.

de P

questbg Friend

<em>@bigrk 57728 wrote:</em><blockquote>http://www.oregonsgolf.com

:)</blockquote>

Great site, well done. Load speed seemed OK to me too

bigrk Friend

Thanks for the nice comments. 😀

mj1256 Friend

Hey depaulus
    whats your server set up, are you on a cheap host, a shared server. etc. that could have somethig to do with your load times.

depaulus Friend

<em>@mj1256 58106 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey depaulus
    whats your server set up, are you on a cheap host, a shared server. etc. that could have somethig to do with your load times.</blockquote>

:-[ YES to all of the above, Linux, Shared, Cheap… however I have no problems with WordPress, but I must admit they are not as complex as JA..

I am busy installing Teline 1 and although I am having troubles with getting certain things to work as I would like, the loading speed is very reasonable so far.. AND I must say that my host (IXweb) has just moved their servers to another location, and since then things are looking better, so I will give a couple more JA’s a chance

sbaldwin Friend

Hi everyone,
    After reading this I thought I needed to write as I’m having the same problem! I would like if you could all check my site as sometimes it takes 7 or 8 seconds to load (way too long). It didn’t happen at first after I first installed my template (it loaded in 3 seconds) at first but I swear I noticed it slowed way down after I registered my domain with joomlart. I also noticed when I check my “hits” status on my server control panel for my website that I had some 4,000 or more hits on my joomla site! How did that happen when no one knows about it? Could that be bogging it down? I would have to think so! The hits seem to be geneated by something hitting my website followed by two forward slashes. Example it shows rochesterjams.com// for the large number of hits, again over 4,000. Then I have my regular more realistic stats averaging 20 to 30 hits listed below that shown as just rochesterjams.com with no forward slashes. Please check my site if you could and see if you experiance the slow load time. I’m not sure where the heavy hits are coming from or if that is causing the slow down.

kalinski Friend

You can speed up things a bit by compressing the used JS. I don’t know if the same MooTools is used in every Template, but in Fagus there was the Developer Package included. This comes fully commented with examples in the source code. Result of this is a ~183KB file. The same JS Framework compressed (removed blank lines, comments and everything else that is not needed) is only ~78KB big. Further can you activate gz compression so that the website is delivered compressed to the Browser. This shrink the transferred data often by 75%. You can also use the caching system of Joomla, if it doesn’t give you trouble (i heard it cause sometimes problems).

sbaldwin Friend

Do you know why I’m getting so many vistor hits at my website followed by // ? Thanks for any help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sbaldwin 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum