Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

For a client we need to show Likes post from Youtube on their website. I have looked at the code from the JA Social plugin and see it is only possible to show uploaded video’s at the moment.

It would be great if you can also import liked youtube items for a user. For this the only thing that has to be done is:

– add option in youtube profile for importing uploaded video’s or events (liked posts e.g.)
    – add option to insert API key of the user in the plugin settings screen within a youtube import profile
    – switch the link in the plugin on line 564 if

$etid = str_replace(‘http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/videos/’,”,$dt->id->{‘$t’});

to

$etid = str_replace(‘http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/events?author=&v=2&key=’,”,$dt->id->{‘$t’});

You probably need to change some other small stuff but these are the biggest changes I think! I don’t know if it is easy to combine profiles if you want to import “events” and “uploads” from the same user, this would be the best option I think.

www.creaktor.com

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

Thanks you for your suggestion, it would be a nice feature, but as name of JA Social Feed plugin,
    our extension helps user to get data from only rss feed, that does not require user to have a knowledge about development, as well as signup Developer account or API key from data service.

Regarding YouTube Data API, the version 2.0 has been officially deprecated as of March 4, 2014 (read more information here)
    And the new version 3.0 seem require user to authenticated before use API, instead only providing API key as it did in version 2.0.

I’ll report this case to dev team for further checking, and they will considered to implement this feature or not for upcoming version.

You can check this issue here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum