Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

glad it is working for you. 1.6 is a better option in particular for a community/social site if for no other reason than the ACL options.

The biggest problem that I’ve seen with the php.ini is the post limit. I believe the default for php is 2mb. The normal JomSocial install including the Zend packets will typically fail with that limit in place. Since you’re on a ded server my personal recommendation would be to start at 12m – or whatever you are comfortable with. But some virtual hosts won’t let you do that.

<em>@magimax 249108 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have installed the quickstart for Joomla1.6 and it works perfectly! 🙂
    I don’t mind to go for Joomla1.6 but I had some previous experience with J1.5 so I preferred to go for it, but it’s time to change.
    So I stay with Joomla1.6 and JA Social and I am happy like this.

To sum up the steps I did so far ( for others to have a clue with possible problems ):
    1) I have checked my apache2 error logfile to understand some potential problems (var/log/apache2/error.log )
    2) I have checked my php.ini to see if “Resource Limits” settings were properly set (in particular my “memory_limit” was set to 128mb and I think it was enough)
    3) I have installed separately Joomla 1.5.23 and later the template (+ required plugins), but still had the same blank homepage.
    4) I gave full read-write-execute rights to my virtual user, with chown -R myuser:mygroup * and chmod -R *
    …but the blank page still was not resolved, so I upgraded to J1.6.

Thanks for your support.</blockquote>

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Paul Massell 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum