Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m trying to install the JA_Sopcial Feed and each time I try, it isn’t installed. I don’t get any messages that it was installed. If Icheck the “Discover” there is nothing there. I also checked the plugin folder using FTP and the plugin isn’t there.

I want to use it to display social feeds on the Brisk or Zitte templates. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make this upload and work properly.

Thanks,
    Anna

phong nam Friend

Hi annaswed,

I see your installation issue. Can you send me your URL & admin account for further checking ?
    I’ll help to fix it on your site.

Regards,

Leo

annasweb Friend

I was able to install it finally. Now I can see the content being pulled in as items in K2 and articles into Joomla content, but when I setup the k2 menu as directed in the userguide, nothing shows up on the pages. What do I need to do to make the content show on the page when I click the appropriate menu item.

Thank you,
    Anna

phong nam Friend

Hi annasweb,

It’s really hard for me to imagine your issue. The error could be from one of the several factors. Pls try to configure Basic Options, Parameters (JA Extended) and Module Assignment for this Menu Item carefully. If you still face this issue. Pls send me PM with your admin account. I’d like to help !

Regards,

Leo

annasweb Friend

I was able to get the Instagram to show. The facebook shows content but no images and Youtube shows as a list of items. I once had the images showing in Facebook but can’t remember how I did that. I think the Youtube is showing as a list because I have created the menu type as Category lists, but when I make it a K2 Category I get nothing on the page at all. I would love to have the Youtube look like the Zite Youtube Demo but am stuck on just how to do that. I have followed all instructions very carefully and can’t see any issues there.

Thanks,
    Anna

phong nam Friend

Hi annasweb,

Again. I need to check this issue directly on your site with backend/front-end, in order to find out which cause this issue. So, can you send me your admin account ?

Regards,

Leo

premierebrand2 Friend

Leo, can you help with my installation? Its doing the same thing on the social media feeds. Thanks!

phong nam Friend

Hi annasweb,

1. Facebook doesn’t show all the images.
    The Facebook menu page gets image from K2 items of Facebook Content Type category. You need to insert an image in each K2 item of this category in order to make category view page to show with images.

2. Twitter doesn’t work at all.
    I already checked out your Twitter Content type K2 category, could see that there is no K2 item there. You need to create K2 items for this category.

3. Youtube’s images are not all the same size
    The main issue for this menu page comes from customizing the Youtube video’s size in K2 items of Youtube Content type. Here is my detailed guide:

– Click on HTML format in edit article box.

– Customize video’s size with width =”260″ height=”260″ in order to fit with item’s box (itemContainer).

– See my changes with VANGUARD clip of the day #8, #9, #10. You need to customize the rest videos & new video if have.

Then Save. Clean T3 cache.

** Forgive me when I publish our inbox message in this reply because I just want others have same problem like you can get the relevant guide.

Regards,

Leo

1. click
    2. width
    3. example
    phong nam Friend

Hi premierebrand2,

If you have same issue like annasweb, pls try on my above guide. If you still face your issue, can you send my your admin for further checking ?

Regards,

Leo

annasweb Friend

Thanks Leo for checking out the settings. I’m building this site for a client and was hoping that they wouldn’t have to go into each item and resize or add images. Is there a way to have the plugin set the size? Also, once I set the image size to 260 x 260 as you suggest, when clicked on the video, I don’t get a larger box to view the video in. How can I set it to do that>

Thanks,
    Anna

phong nam Friend

Hi annasweb,

I am sorry, there is no extension for this. Your client needs to repeat the above guide each time they create or re-edit a Youtube video article.

Regards,

Leo

annasweb Friend

OK. So there are no settings in the plugin that automatically sets the image or video sizes.

Thanks,
    Anna

phong nam Friend

Hi Annaswed,

Your youtube videos are inserted in the articles of Youtube content type, so you need to edit in article with video size via HTML format.
    No plugin is used here. You can follow this tutorial for embedding & resizing the youtube video.

Reagrds,

Leo

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 11 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum