Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

it looks as though Hung is getting ready to start up the JA Site of the Month Contest again –> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24952

I think a rightful addition to the rules should be that a member is only allowed to win ONCE, at each level, once every 12 months. This way, we don’t have just one or two members (who might be able to churn out websites faster than others due to their level of expertise) winning all the time.

Other then this, the prizes look pretty cool for the winner and 2nd/3rd place – giving up to three people a chance to win something each month. Now, the only thing is, Hung and whomever else administrates the contest needs to make sure that prizes are administrated TIMELY after someone wins.

Other thoughts ??

Phill Moderator

drarvindc has worked really hard on re-igniting this contest. So spread the word and get those websites submitted.

It would be great if all regular users helped by alerting others to the contest too. There are some great sites out there so let’s see them.

bennitos Friend

Hello Tom,

The JA team has been thinking about how to give the sotm an impuls, as the sotm is a possitive feedback in the forum and gives other users better insights on how you can use a template, and next to that its fun!

With better prizes and more things to choose from hopefully more people will compete.

The rules also had a couple changes, i will also pass your suggestion along.

Hopefully we can see lots of cool site’s in the next sotm!!

anisjolly Friend

bennitos – DUDE – Trial Mod!

Gwaaaaan! – lol. On topic – of course, the SOTM would be great to have back. was hoping there was going to be one this month – i submitted mine but was sad not to see it being run 🙁

Phil – u too hitting the trials. man I wish I could spend more time here. Being a dad to a hyper 3 year old is really taking up too much of my time. I’ve hardly made any sites over the last couple o’months.

Let’s hope SOTM gets a good revival!

TomC Moderator
    Arvind Chauhan Moderator

phill luckhurst;142914drarvindc has worked really hard on re-igniting this contest. So spread the word and get those websites submitted.

It would be great if all regular users helped by alerting others to the contest too. There are some great sites out there so let’s see them.[/quote]

I just got the JA Caps and T shirt included in the prize list…. Rest all is Hung’s idea…. supported with our (mods) comments in the JA Staff / Mod Forum…

I have 2 good sites to nominate myself.. but sadly no prizes for us… would like to know if suppose i win (remote chances, needs to be the only one in the contest), will i alteast get the SOTM badge? mfcphil has it, bennitos has it…. makes me Jealous :p.

If all goes well then, SOTM forum will be placed somewhere on the Forum index for easy accessibility and view.

Its good to see added prizes and more winners every month.

My vote can be leveraged in return of the SOTM Badge :p.

Arvind

it looks as though Hung is getting ready to start up the JA Site of the Month Contest again –> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24952

I think a rightful addition to the rules should be that a member is only allowed to win ONCE, at each level, once every 12 months. This way, we don’t have just one or two members (who might be able to churn out websites faster than others due to their level of expertise) winning all the time.

Thanks Tom,

This point seems quite valid and can be included in the guidelines. other suggestions are welcomed.

Arvind

Phill Moderator

I think it should still be encouraged to keep submitting sites even if you win. This keeps a good flow of entries, helps raise the bar and brings us all more ideas for our own sites.

anisjolly Friend

excellent ideas guys – and the prizes are mouth watering too!

where do i submit????? *really eager to get going* 😛

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

anisjolly;142924excellent ideas guys – and the prizes are mouth watering too!

where do i submit????? *really eager to get going* 😛

Mr. Hung is searching for a proper forum to put the SOTM. Tomorrow should see the forum / updates and Nomination Thread.

Arvind

mihirc Friend

Hello,

Sorry I just posted the same in another forum! My Bad!!!

I have one site ready for the competition, with 2 more under development. Out of which i will submit 1 for each month.

Sadly my Dev Membership expires in December :0 So i better win it 😀

The tshirts is a nice Idea!!! Merchandise… we love merchandise.

Being really really serious here ->
    Can there be something like a site showcase to show off all the winning sites in the past months?
    So that people know what to enter and not end up getting really dissapointed 🙂

Dr. Arvind 🙂 Congrats on the idea of the Tshirt / Cap – to the point of sounding repetitive “I love merchandise”

Regards,
    Mihir Chhatre.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mihirc 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum