Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I have JA Submit setup to post user submissions to the Joomla frontpage component. Homepage URL is index.php?option=com_frontpage&ItemId=1.

It is working fine. However, I want to modify the html layout of the content user’s submit. Where do I do that? I’ve looked in the files in /components/com_ja_submit/ and the only html there is the html that builds the submission form.

In what file would the frontpage html layout code be located?

Khanh Le Moderator

You can modify the html layout in file: ja_submit.html.php.

cmol Friend

I’ve been looking through that file and I don’t see where the html is that displays submitted content on the frontpage. Can you post the line # or code block here?

Thanks.

cmol Friend

Also, where is the data for ja submit stored in the database? I don’t see a ja submit table.

I’m trying to add a field to the submission form for entering a URL that will wrap the title and introtext image on the frontpage. How would I do this?

Thanks again.

Khanh Le Moderator

You could change in function editContent.

cmol Friend

I see the function editContent in ja_submit.html.php, but the only html I see is here (lines 124-134):

<div class="componentheading"><?php echo _H_SUBMIT_CONTENT; ?></div>
    <?php if ($H_rules) { ?>
    <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" border="0">
    <tr>
    <td class="contentdescription">
    <?php echo _H_SUBMIT_GUIDE; ?>
    <?php echo _H_SUBMIT_RULES; ?>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <?php } ?>

This bit of code does not change the layout of the submitted content on the frontpage.

Is it somewhere else in this file? Could you post the code block where the html layout is located?

Thanks.

cmol Friend

Please any help on this? The html does not appear to be in the function editContent in the page ja_submit.html.php.

Anyone have idea where the front-end html is to edit the layout of submitted content in JA Submit?

See the attached screenshot to see the html layout. I want to move the thumbnail to be left justified, and add an <a> tag around the title and the image so they are links.

Any help is appreciated.

C

1. screenshot_ja_submit
    Khanh Le Moderator

From your screen-shot I cannot see any relation with JA Submit component. It seems you wan to change the front page layout.
    Anyway, in term of support, we can only give you the instruction to configure and make the component work and some hint/suggestion if you want to customize. For further customization, you could post your request on http://www.joomlancers.com to get some freelancers done for you.

cmol Friend

Knanh,
    Thanks for the reply. My screenshot shows the content submitted by JA Submit on the frontpage. You are correct, I do want to change the frontpage layout of JA submitted content.

If frontpage layout is not related to JA Submit component, where in the code do I edit frontpage content?

Are you saying there’s a default code handler for 3rd party components (like JA Submit) in the frontpage code?

I’m dying to know where to edit the frontpage layout of JA submitted content. Any help is much appreciated.

C

kvoul Friend

<em>@cmol 42886 wrote:</em><blockquote>

I’m dying to know where to edit the frontpage layout of JA submitted content. Any help is much appreciated.

C</blockquote>

Me too.
    I want urgently to justify images at left size
    Also to choose if to show at frontpage
    Please help

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kvoul 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum