Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

This plugin has worked all along and then suddenly stopped working.

The Cron Internal “Run Now” does not work either.

Have any ideas on where or how to fix this?

Thank you.
    Cindy

HeR0 Friend

Hi Cconner1000,

I guess that has some changes on server hosting setting or firewall which may disallow to run curl to social website. Please request to server hosting administrator for troubleshooting .

Regards,

cconner1000 Friend

Thank you for the quick reply. I was hoping that you might be able to tell why the plugin doesn’t work.

cconner1000 Friend

Here is what the server people said:

“<blockquote>Unfortunately the issue basicly happens because the script tries to connect over IPv6 when our servers only allow IPv4.

The script will need to be updated:

Modify from
    curl_setopt_array($ch, $opts);
    To:
    curl_setopt_array($ch, $opts, CURL_IPRESOLVE_V4);

Unfortunately this is outside our realm of support and will be something you or your developer will need to resolve.</blockquote>”

Where do I find this file?

Thank you!

cconner1000 Friend

Another update from the server people:

<blockquote>Unfortunately we don’t block connections like that and our servers/network have
    not been modified in a way that would stop that. Also the issue is outside the
    realm of our support so we would not be able to trouble shoot it more then we
    already have. </blockquote>

All I know is the the JA System Social Feed plugin doesn’t work and no one seems to know why. One gets kinda of tired of the run around.

This plug-in worked a month ago and then just stopped working. Anybody got any ideas? We are ready for a big launch celebration and I hate to have to tell them that it is not working.

Help?

HeR0 Friend

Hi Cconner1000,

Please try open file jasocial_feed.php and find ( in function getContent)

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
    and add after it code line as below

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_IPRESOLVE, CURL_IPRESOLVE_V4);

Hope that can help you fix this issue.

Regards,

cconner1000 Friend

Hi,

It did not work. I get a 500 error.

Server error
    The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.artswesternct.org/index.php?jasocial_feed_cron=1&jatoken=1352401671. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Thank you for helping. This worked at one time, so I don’t believe it is a server issue. It was working fine.

Any other ideas?

Thank you.

HeR0 Friend

Hi Cconner,

PM me admin account and ftp info, i’ll have a look and help you out.

Regards,

cconner1000 Friend

It was never fixed, but a later post fixed it.

I moved the Social plugin to the top of the list and that fixed it.

HeR0 Friend

Glad it’s solved and let me know if I can be of futher assistance.

Regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  HeR0 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum