Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

tcraw1010;22359Hey Bill . . . to kind of see what I am talking about, see the bottom of THIS PAGE for the tab item information block.

As I mentioned, I’m not sure how this is done for each specific product unless there is some kind of custom code that can be inserted for each product. This kind of seems like it would be a cool add-on for VirtueMart itself.

looking at the code it seems hand inserted for each tab according to the source code I saw

instantinlaw Friend

tcraw1010;22359Hey Bill . . . to kind of see what I am talking about, see the bottom of THIS PAGE for the tab item information block.

As I mentioned, I’m not sure how this is done for each specific product unless there is some kind of custom code that can be inserted for each product. This kind of seems like it would be a cool add-on for VirtueMart itself.

Hey Tom,
    How about something like this?
    MY SITE
    It needs some tweaking, but it works and can handle diffrent descriptions for each product.

TomC Moderator

<em>@instantinlaw 22383 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey Tom,
    How about something like this?
    MY SITE
    It needs some tweaking, but it works and can handle diffrent descriptions for each product.</blockquote>

That’s about it, Bill. How did you accomplish that? Is it a code within the product description page for the individual product?
    (It must be because I didn’t see it on other of your product pages). So, it would seem that it could be accomplished for each individual product – if so desired. Is the content box expandable based on the content inside? Can custom html be used inside the box?

Also, here is a response I received on the VirtueMart site on this issue – though I’m still a bit foggy on how the whole plugin thing works . . .

Normally VM doesn’t support Joomla Plugins, but gregdev has a solution for that: Joomla! Plugins in Virtuemart http://www.plainlycode.com/virtuemart/joomla-plugins-in-virtuemart.html

After you get plugins to work, you can download Tabs and Slides in Content Items from JoomlaWorks: http://www.joomlaworks.gr/

This should give you something close to what clever-store has.

instantinlaw Friend

tcraw1010;22436That’s about it, Bill. How did you accomplish that? Is it a code within the product description page for the individual product?
    (It must be because I didn’t see it on other of your product pages). So, it would seem that it could be accomplished for each individual product – if so desired. Is the content box expandable based on the content inside? Can custom html be used inside the box?

Also, here is a response I received on the VirtueMart site on this issue – though I’m still a bit foggy on how the whole plugin thing works . . .

Hey Tom,
    I did exactly what was suggested in that post on that site. It took me about 1 miniut to insert the code and mambot, and about an hour playing around with the javascript and css to get to that stage. The slides work better though.
    You got me interested in trying a few other things though, and I am sure I will be able to come up with something much better.
    Although I only modified one product listing as a test, each product can have it’s own set of tabs once you insert the code to allow the mambot to show the tabs, and you can work in the wysiwyg editor doing this. you don’t need to switch to the html view.
    I am not sure about custom html at this point. I did try a table and it threw the whole thing out of whack, and although I was just playing around, I didn’t try anything else. You can however have custom html added in the same area as the tabs.
    Play around with it, it won’t mess up your site because you have to insert the mambot code in order to have the tabs show up.
    Let me know what you can come up with.

TomC Moderator

<em>@instantinlaw 22437 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey Tom,
    I did exactly what was suggested in that post on that site. It took me about 1 miniut to insert the code and mambot, and about an hour playing around with the javascript and css to get to that stage. The slides work better though.
    </blockquote>

I’m still a little confused about the part, after inserting the code within the shop.product_details.php. file, where it says “now just call the plugin from your product description (the long description) in VirtueMart.

How exactly do you “call the plugin from your product description (the long description) in VirtueMart?”

:confused:

instantinlaw Friend

There are instructions in the mambot on how to do this. You do it the same way you do when using it in a content item. You also need to enable the mambot to make it work too.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum