Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am in the process of redeveloping my site and am not able to get the JA Content Slider module to display. I checked the setting and have even experimented with other user settings in an attempt to get the module to work, but nothing seems to help. It simply will not display on my site.

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

• I have attempted to set up the module as illustrated in the tutorial (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/joomla-2-5-userguide-ja-orisite-template/)
    • I have experiemented with other user settings to no avail.
    • I have tried setting up a custom HTML module in the designated ja-tabs module position and the item did not appear.
    • I also tried setting up items in the designated ja-tabs1 module position but they too did not display properly.

When I attempt to view the page in Chrome, the JA Content Slider does not display. When I attempt to view the page in IE9 in either mode, the JA Content Slider does not display. When I attempt to view the page in FireFox 12, the JA Content Slider does not display and a warning message pops up saying:

<blockquote> Warning: Unresponsive Script
    A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://mikeperez.com/beta/modules/mod_jaslideshow/assets/script.js:859 </blockquote>

Please help me with this issue. I can not figure out what’s going wrong with the JA Content Slider. Admin credentials have been included with this post for JoomlArt staff assistance.

Thanks.

Michael

Sherlock Friend

Hi michael,

what’s the name of your “tabs” module ? I went to your module manager published two your Ja Content Slider modules and did not see the problem, I checked your site in firefox !

ntonline Friend

<em>@Sherlock Holmes 324313 wrote:</em><blockquote>what’s the name of your “tabs” module ? I went to your module manager published two your Ja Content Slider modules and did not see the problem, I checked your site in firefox !</blockquote>

Thanks for the help with this matter. I’m trying to get JA Tabs implemented in JA Orisites ja-tabs module position as illustrated in the tutorial:

The position appears as follows on the front-end of the demo site:

For some reason this module is not displaying properly on the front end of my site. I have tried implementing the module using several names for the module. The one I’d like to get working is named Solutions. The others were named JA Content Slider, Most Read, Popular, and latest. I’ve tried using different settings and different names for the module, but I can’t get it to display on the home page.

If I can get help with the “Solutions” ja-tabs” module, that would be great! This issue has really stumped me.

Thanks again,

ntonline

1. color1-1_mod
    2. ja-tabs
    Sherlock Friend

Hi ntonline,

To display the tabs as on demo I just created for you a Custom HTML module name JA Tabs with its content is a jatabs tag that for displaying modules from the ja-tabs module position
    <blockquote> {jatabs type=”modules” module=”ja-tabs” position=”top” mouseType=”click” animType=”animFade”} {/jatabs}</blockquote>

You now can see your Solutions module display under the tab.

ntonline Friend

<em>@Sherlock Holmes 325256 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    To display the tabs as on demo I just created for you a Custom HTML module name JA Tabs with its content is a jatabs tag that for displaying modules from the ja-tabs module position

You now can see your Solutions module display under the tab.</blockquote>

Thanks for adding the custom HTML module to the ja-tabs position. I actually gave this a try and ended up with the same results. Unfortunately, when using the custom HTML module in the ja-tabs position, the module does not display properly on the front end.

The template shows this module overlaying the bottom portion of the slideshow. If you take a look at the ja-tabs module on my site, the module is positioned below the slideshow and not overlaying the slideshow.

Please take a look at the front end of my site and compare it with the ja-tabs module in the JA Orisite template to see what I’m talking about.

Thanks.

defendhaiti Friend

Same issue here.
    I went on to create a Custom HTML module positioned at “top” and put in this tag: {jatabs type=”modules” module=”ja-tabs” position=”top” mouseType=”click” animType=”animFade”} {/jatabs}.
    I’ve already created the modules for the tabs and added “ja-tabs” to my TemplateDetails.xml file. It still does not appear.

Sherlock Friend

<em>@ntonline 325416 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for adding the custom HTML module to the ja-tabs position. I actually gave this a try and ended up with the same results. Unfortunately, when using the custom HTML module in the ja-tabs position, the module does not display properly on the front end.

The template shows this module overlaying the bottom portion of the slideshow. If you take a look at the ja-tabs module on my site, the module is positioned below the slideshow and not overlaying the slideshow.

Please take a look at the front end of my site and compare it with the ja-tabs module in the JA Orisite template to see what I’m talking about.

Thanks.</blockquote>

Okay ntonline, I see the problem, you just go to the back-end of System – JA Tabs plugin there you select Default style field from the Default to ja_orisite
    I think that would help !

Sherlock Friend

<em>@defendhaiti 325422 wrote:</em><blockquote>Same issue here.
    I went on to create a Custom HTML module positioned at “top” and put in this tag: {jatabs type=”modules” module=”ja-tabs” position=”top” mouseType=”click” animType=”animFade”} {/jatabs}.
    </blockquote>

Hi defendhaiti

You should assign the Custom module to the tabs position not top, those modules that you want to display under the tab should be assigned to the ja-tabs position
    Hope you got it 🙂

ntonline Friend

<em>@Sherlock Holmes 325463 wrote:</em><blockquote>Okay ntonline, I see the problem, you just go to the back-end of System – JA Tabs plugin there you select Default style field from the Default to ja_orisite
    I think that would help !</blockquote>

This quick simple fix helped resolve the issue. Thank you!

ieosptheme Friend

Hello,

I have got JA Orisite, and I live this template so much, but I have a big issue with JA Tabs. I can not publish modules in ja-tabs position. I have a JA Content Slider module in ja-tabs position, but not shooing it.

Domain is http://www.ieosp.com

I created all setting which are on the screenshots in user guide. I tried all the opportunities.

Please help me in this issue.

ntonline Friend

<em>@ieosptheme 327420 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

I have got JA Orisite, and I live this template so much, but I have a big issue with JA Tabs. I can not publish modules in ja-tabs position. I have a JA Content Slider module in ja-tabs position, but not shooing it.

Domain is http://www.ieosp.com

I created all setting which are on the screenshots in user guide. I tried all the opportunities.

Please help me in this issue.</blockquote>

ieosptheme,

Have you tried following the steps listed in the posts above? There are a few steps listed above that were not listed in the tutorial. One of the steps listed above modified the presentation and layout exactly as illustrated in the demo site.

ntonline

Sherlock Friend

Hi ieosptheme,

Just assign the custom module that contains jatab tags to the tabs position and the other modules that you want to display under the tab (ex the contentslider module) to the ja-tabs position. also make sure that the jatabs tag should be
    <blockquote> {jatabs type=”modules” module=”ja-tabs” position=”top” mouseType=”click” animType=”animFade”} {/jatabs} </blockquote>

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum