Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I just upgraded to IE9 and it now my JA tabs is not displaying at all. Even when I click on them. They are implemented like the demo, the position is jatabs but the module is custom. you can view my test site at allmypapers.com/newsite

Thank you for your help!

Phill Moderator

Testing and debugging is underway for IE9 but I do not know how long it will take JA at the moment. For now a simple fix would be to add the code below in the head of your site.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />

This will force the site to render as if it was using IE8. Not ideal but will work until this can be fixed.

mckinnon777 Friend

Thanks so much for the quick reply! What document do I put that edit into?

Phill Moderator

Sorry, I should have posted that.

Copy the file head.php from plugins>system>jat3>base-themes>default>blocks>head.php and put it in your templates>ja_rave>blocks folder. Open that new file and place the tag just after the line <jdoc:include type=”head” />

mckinnon777 Friend

Yikees, I was hoping that would work, but no go. Any other thoughts?

Phill Moderator

Try this tag

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE8; ">

mckinnon777 Friend

:(( no go. Thanks for your help.

I am not sure why the template displays okay, I will research it some more.

Phill Moderator

Can you PM me an admin logon and ftp account and I will see if I can fix it.

mckinnon777 Friend

Additional info – the template demo displays fine, but when I download the template files and try to display the “popular post” and “latest post” jatabs data, it will not display in IE 9. What is different in the demo and what I can download?

Phill Moderator

Maybe it has already been fixed then. Please use the JA Extension manager to update your template, JAT3 Plugin and the JA Tabs Module.

mckinnon777 Friend

I already did that. I sent you a PM.

mckinnon777 Friend

I turned off ajax in the ja tabs plugin or module and that fixed it!

Phill Moderator

Excellent news. Very odd that is works for me on most IE9 instaslls but I could only replicate on 1. Glad the ajax fixed it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum