Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi JA Team.

I was looking around the website and your new releases. There’s one fact I would like to point out again (I’ve post so before): JA is losing business due to both the look&feel and features of club templates. As I can read on the net, many many review articles (official and non-official) were all saying that JA is losing its design and implementation abilities.

Its really good to have something innovated, Teline III and the new framework is making people waiting. However, while when JA will only release one template a month, it still not showing any screenshot or demo, no detail at all untill today, the end of Aug. Again, disappointed. To get the most of subscribers, JA team should alter its strategy and also improve its CS, and participate more in the Forums.

Have join some other Clubs, and Why not JA as JA is the most expansive one (Developer Plan) I would prefer to wait until I see something improved, or at least back to the higher quality standards.

Take some actions before losing business. CS is not just needed by your existing subscribers, but also your prospects. Rocketthem offers improving services and quality, and say, is heading to replace JA to be the #1 Joomla Theme provider.

luciffere Friend

Today is 31 aug. the last day for august, and the template isnot released. This problem (with the delayed) haved the Gavick Team and i leave from. I expected more from JA before join, but i don’t see changed announced.
    Edited——————————-

I see now the Teline III… Not many changed from II, but little customization.

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi nospam & luciffere,

The JA Teline III information was posted in the JA Teline III which can only see by JA Licensed members.

I have just reset the forum permission so everybody can be informed about what has been kept us busy.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/preview-demo-teline-iii-screenshot-features-release-info-demo-link-updated/

As supported by most of our members, a few days wait for something outstanding & “worth the wait”

When we reduce to 1 template per month, we all know that we will work harder so that our users will be happier with higher quality templates. We want to prove that for our change is better for our users, and we have tried our best for the innovation we desire to make: “Less is more

TomC Moderator

luciffere;142705

You obviously haven’t been reading the Teline III threads much.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

nospam;142685Hi JA Team.

I was looking around the website and your new releases. There’s one fact I would like to point out again (I’ve post so before): JA is losing business due to both the look&feel and features of club templates. As I can read on the net, many many review articles (official and non-official) were all saying that JA is losing its design and implementation abilities.

Its really good to have something innovated, Teline III and the new framework is making people waiting. However, while when JA will only release one template a month, it still not showing any screenshot or demo, no detail at all untill today, the end of Aug. Again, disappointed. To get the most of subscribers, JA team should alter its strategy and also improve its CS, and participate more in the Forums.

Have join some other Clubs, and Why not JA as JA is the most expansive one (Developer Plan) I would prefer to wait until I see something improved, or at least back to the higher quality standards.

Take some actions before losing business. CS is not just needed by your existing subscribers, but also your prospects. Rocketthem offers improving services and quality, and say, is heading to replace JA to be the #1 Joomla Theme provider.[/quote]

I hope, you can now access the JA Teline III forum and have a look at the preview screenshot. Ofcourse, JA announced 1 template a month from August, but i think even you will appreciate the step taken by JA in developing and adopting New framework for the same. In simple words its just a template per month. But believe me Teline III is equivalent to designing/developing 3-4 regular JA standard templates.
    Since, I have access to SVN, everyday there are over 200 commits over the past 2 weeks,even on sat or sunday. The Teline III is coming up very beautifully. Seeing would be believing.

Lates SVN Revision is at 4356 (revised 4356 times so far) : Added:190 Deleted:3 Updated:39 >> few mins back (its over 12 am at JA Office).

Today is 31 aug. the last day for august, and the template isnot released. This problem (with the delayed) haved the Gavick Team and i leave from. I expected more from JA before join, but i don’t see changed announced.
    Edited——————————-

Dear Luciffere,

Teline III is not just little customization, I know its different to judge anything from a pic or screenshot, Demo of Teline III should be up by tomorrow evening or day after tomorrow morning.

I would like to hear from you both after a look at the live Teline III Demo and go through all the features.

Arvind

amejat Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 142718 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    As supported by most of our members, a few days wait for something outstanding & “worth the wait”

When we reduce to 1 template per month, we all know that we will work harder so that our users will be happier with higher quality templates. We want to prove that for our change is better for our users, and we have tried our best for the innovation we desire to make: “Less is more“</blockquote>

When you reduced from to 1 template, you also said it was to be able to “maintain” existing templates. For me, “maintaining” includes fixing known issues which have been solved on the forum. However, I downloaded again the JA_Tube archive which has a known (and solved) error of coding between User5 and JA_CS. This archive has been updated to include Joomla 1.5.14 BUT the coding error which is known and solved since months is STIL there !

Same thing for a coding error in JA_NewsFlash and JoomFish compatibility (cf JA_Raite) ! The error has been pointed out since weeks and more importantly FIXED on the forum. However, JA never applied the patch in their archive !

This a not a professional service and it makes user wasting a lot of time going through the forum for nothing ! Morevoer, having to modify the code is time consuming and problematic in case of future updates.

So, now, I REALLY expect JA to stop chatting and blablatting and start WORKING and doing what we paid for: Which is releasing AND maintaining (meaning fixing) working (and not buggy) templates and extensions.

amejat Friend

Moreover, I would like to indicate that “creating” templates is not releasing updated ones every 6 months…

We already had Teline I and II, who needs a Teline III ??? and then IV, V, VI…

bennitos Friend

<em>@amejat 142734 wrote:</em><blockquote>Moreover, I would like to indicate that “creating” templates is not releasing updated ones every 6 months…

We already had Teline I and II, who needs a Teline III ??? and then IV, V, VI…</blockquote>

Its impossible to please everyone each month.

A lot of people have been asking for a Teline III and those people will be happy with this release. If there is a high demand i dont see problems making an upgraded version.

I personally would have rather seen a new template because i dont use the Teline series. So the people who dont like Teline and/or dont use it wont be that happy this month.

But there are plenty templates available to choose from some you will like and some you dont.

Phill Moderator

What you have to remember this is more than just a template this month. There are a number of new extensions and features going into it. The biggest change of all is a new template engine. This will form the basis of future templates from JA and will be a big step allowing you to do a lot more with the templates JA provide.

I too will probably not use this template but I am looking forward to seeing it in action, the new extensions and generally having a good play with it. I am sure there will be some elements that I will use.

Not too long now before we can all get our hands on it.

nospam Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 142718 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi nospam & luciffere,

The JA Teline III information was posted in the JA Teline III which can only see by JA Licensed members.

I have just reset the forum permission so everybody can be informed about what has been kept us busy.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/preview-demo-teline-iii-screenshot-features-release-info-demo-link-updated/

When we reduce to 1 template per month, we all know that we will work harder so that our users will be happier with higher quality templates. We want to prove that for our change is better for our users, and we have tried our best for the innovation we desire to make: “Less is more“</blockquote>

I am still seeing the same Error page when click on the link you’ve provided. Feeling…

nospam Friend

<em>@drarvindc 142724 wrote:</em><blockquote>I hope, you can now access the JA Teline III forum and have a look at the preview screenshot.
    Arvind</blockquote>

Seems that the Teline III forum is still dedicated to the subscribers and not for me and other prospectors.

Have some screen shots will be greatly help for non-subscribers to make decisions.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi nospam,

Please logout of JA Forum and view the teline III thread as guest. You can see the threads and content… Let me see if i can fix this for “Unlicensed Member” access rules too..

The teline III is open for Guests and non registered members.

Arvind

Hi nospam,

The forum permission fixed for registered users too.. Please login and confirm the same.

Arvind

mfcphil Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 142718 wrote:</em><blockquote>

Of all the messages I have read here in the JA forums over the years, none have pleased me more than this one from Hung

Many thanks, I look forward to September and October and November and December and……………………………..;)

cgc0202 Friend

I responded to this forum thread in a separate feedback:

What">
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/what-the-feedback-forum-should-be-all-about/

because I think it needs further deliberations from Joomlart Staff and Moderators and Members on how they should be dealt with.

Further, these responses (and related ones) may be considered for placement in the appropriate JA Teline III forum thread to isolate it from the focus and intent of this specific thread.

<em>@luciffere 142705 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I see now the Teline III… Not many changed from II, but little customization.</blockquote>

Have you ever used Teline II, I would like to see a website URL. I am not sure you have looked closely in regard the innovations introduced in Teline III wrt Teline II.

<em>@amejat 142734 wrote:</em><blockquote>Moreover, I would like to indicate that “creating” templates is not releasing updated ones every 6 months…

We already had Teline I and II, who needs a Teline III ??? and then IV, V, VI…</blockquote>

Well, I do, and from the responses in the Teline III Forum that was created even before Teline III was even shown as a preview, there is a great demand for it from many users.

Is Teline III the ultimate Teline template? NO. For the record, Teline II was released in mid April 2008. That is one year and more than five months before Teline III is coming out.

I am not sure if I could really persuade you, or at least open your eyes to the possiblities but I have written this post especially for you and those who dismiss and seem to disparage the Teline series and the need for its continual upgrades:

[url=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/why-the-teline-series-is-unique-so-popular-and/Why the Teline series is unique, so popular and…
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/why-the-teline-series-is-unique-so-popular-and/

At the very least, if you keep an open mind, what you may find is that you and many others may have no need for any of the Teline series iterations. However, there are possibly more paying members who would want such upgrades. In fact, I have from the preview of Teline III, even before I have seen the Demo, there are more features I wanted included.

Thus, as much as I am enthusiastic about the release of JA Teline III, I am negotiating with someone as a paid job contract, to come up with a website that may have a look similar to Teline III, but integrate other features not currently among the basic features of any Teline templates. They will require more complex scripting as they are features that may be adopted only in future Joomla 1.6.x.

My hope is that Joomlart would integrate them in the future iterations of the Teline series.

Cornelio

johnnydement Friend

I agree with the OP, 1 template month was supposed to better serve us in fixing existing templates and better ones each month… from my point of view, reality seems to be that 1 template month has been the way to give more room to the new growing business for joomlart, magento templates.

I see lots of updates for them, that I don’t see for joomla templates, bugs are not fixed, not even when they are given solutions by users, for instance, sanidine still uses DANGEROUS software as fireboard, and default login module instead CB, although claiming fully support it, and the module being a requirement for CB to function properly…

And about teline III… from my point of view, “remakes” should not count for the montly template… they should be an extra… for sure you could have applied all those fabulous changes to a new template, and if really supporting old ones, apply them retroactively don’t you think?

It’s been a nice 2 years, I’ve used 2 joomlart templates, there will not be a third.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  beastmode54 14 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum