Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

There is an upcoming tutorial for JA-Teline for the people who is interested in it.
    I would like some feedback if anyone is interested or not. But here is the things i have put in it.

Requirements:
    – JA-Teline for Joomla 1.5(1.0.15 works out too, its just require that you change a few steps)
    – An editor like notepad or similar.
    – Photoshop, GIMP, Fireworks or any image editing software you have accecss to.
    – Coca Cola, so you dont fell asleep.

Estimated time to complete:
    – 3 hours

Result:
    – When finalised you have hopefully got a new Teline for your site. Here is some of the steps:
    – New mainmenu position.
    – New module in header for banner etc.
    – Changed the color tools to work as a “template changer” to give your site a new look.
    – Moved “hidden” log in area.
    – Given the JA-News module an option to add Google Adsense between the header rotator and the bottom part, this is a “hotspot” to have ads.

Difficulty level:
    -Novice

NOTE: This poll will be running for 3 days and if someone have some ideas not mentioned here let me know and i can include it.

Michael Casha Friend

Why are we doing this when it was you who asked we stop making tutorials until JA setup member locking on the tutorials site?

Menalto Friend

Well, MICCAS. The member lock on the tutorial site can be a long time in the future, and the reason i asked about stop the tutorials at the tutorials site is two reasons: 1. The user guides is not included in the template anymore to prevent illegal sharing, but anyhow userguides is posted at the tutorial site where everybody have access. Not sure what to call it, but it would be something like to shoot yourself in the leg.(just remember that this is from when the user guides was posted there, not today).
    2. Alot of users is asking for a new Teline, and by writing this tutorial i think and hope people get a chance to get some knowledge and learn a few steps on the way.

Hovewer, did i say when its published? Did i say where its going to be published?

Look at it in another way, now we can get some inputs from people on what they wanna have for tutorials, coz i am not really sure what else i can write tutorials about since i have all topics covered allready that i know about.

TomC Moderator

<em>@Menalto 45486 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Look at it in another way, now we can get some inputs from people on what they wanna have for tutorials, coz i am not really sure what else i can write tutorials about since i have all topics covered allready that i know about.</blockquote>

I, for one, would very much appreciate tutorials on interchanging parts/elements of one template into another – such as slideshow/gallery modules, menu modifications, etc.

🙂

ruigato Friend

i think i miss this, sorry…. is this tutorial available?

Excalibur! Friend

When can we expect it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Excalibur! 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum