Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have searched these threads and tried numerous things. JASlider2 has given me torment. I am unsure but THAT solution may have created another. I have deleted things and changed things in advanced parameters etc. etc. etc… I’m rather annoyed but that doesn’t yield solutions.

I NEED a solution, please. My thumbnails on the homepage in the body were changed. Click the articles “Read More” and the image that should be there is showing but that’s not what is on the homepage.

NOW, I uploaded an image to use in a Category blog layout and this is what I get. I need help.

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open ‘/home/xxxx/public_html/www.domain.org/images/resized/images/stories/xxxxl_60_60.jpg’ for writing: Permission denied in /home/xxxxx/public_html/www.domain.org/plugins/content/plg_jathumbnail.php on line 309

I’m sure it’s simple but apparently I’m too simpleminded and daft to figure it out. No, this is not how I make a living. :p

Site here.

Kind regards,
    Geovi

prakash Friend

Hi

As anticipated its a write error.

/home/xxxx/public_html/www.domain.org/images/resized/images/stories

First if your images folder is not write enabled make it write enabled – the folder permissions should be 755. If that does not work for some time make it 777 (though not recommended) and see if that solves your error.

Further if you do not find a folder resized in the images folder you will need to manually create the folders
    create the resized folder in that images and in that stories folder for the stories folder make it write enabled

GeoVi Friend

<em>@prbalge 169393 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi

As anticipated its a write error.

/home/xxxx/public_html/www.domain.org/images/resized/images/stories

First if your images folder is not write enabled make it write enabled – the folder permissions should be 755. If that does not work for some time make it 777 (though not recommended) and see if that solves your error.

Further if you do not find a folder resized in the images folder you will need to manually create the folders
    create the resized folder in that images and in that stories folder for the stories folder make it write enabled</blockquote>

Thanks but this hasn’t worked. In the slideshow module, I went to advance parameters and changed to Thumbnail: Using image source or the images wouldn’t show.

I have a resize folder with 755 permissions and things are still messed up.

Thank YOU!

prakash Friend

hi not only do u need resize folder with 755 you also need the images & stories folder under it with 755

if that does not work try 777

GeoVi Friend

<em>@prbalge 169399 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi not only do u need resize folder with 755 you also need the images & stories folder under it with 755

if that does not work try 777</blockquote>

Nothing is working. It’s not allowing me to make changes to that folder at all.

I am getting a permission denied statement. All of the folders under “resize” are 755 – it’s not accepting a CHMOD to 777.

I appreciate your willingness to help. Thank you so much.

click this to see the error: Here

Also the images in the frontpage articles are wrong. If you click “Read More” the correct images are shown. This is so annoying!

prakash Friend

Hi…

this is only a permission related issue. I think even someone from Joomlart support staff would be able to help you out in this regard.

thanks

GeoVi Friend

<em>@prbalge 169409 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi…

this is only a permission related issue. I think even someone from Joomlart support staff would be able to help you out in this regard.

thanks</blockquote>

They’re typically good in helping. I’ve been waiting over 2 weeks on another issue. Periodically I’ll get an auto-emailer that they’ll respond in 24 hours. I stopped holding my breath. It’ll get sorted. You have been kind to offer your help.

These guys aren’t being paid by me so I am elated when I get help and shrug when I don’t.

I’ll move on to other things w/in the site as I did with the other issue. Oh, keeping fingers crossed. 🙂

Kindest and best regards,
    Avis

Thank you!

Anonymous Moderator

Hi GeoVi

I am sorry for this later.

But with your issue, i need your server information to check. I think this issue is from your server
    Could you give me your live url, admin account, ftp account via PM (or submit a ticket) so that i have a closer look on the issue?

GeoVi Friend

<em>@JA Developer 169433 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi GeoVi

I am sorry for this later.

But with your issue, i need your server information to check. I think this issue is from your server
    Could you give me your live url, admin account, ftp account via PM (or submit a ticket) so that i have a closer look on the issue?</blockquote>

Thank you.
    I have sent requested info to you via PM. prbalge has solved this for me. Thanks.

Regards,
    Avis

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GeoVi 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum