Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

I really like the template but the png issue with IE6 is really a pain… I’ve tried a few fixes but each seems troublesome.

Wondering if an png fix was planned (I have come across other templates out there that embed this) or if theres a solution out there that I missing….

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Anonymous Moderator

Dear marmaliser,

We define styles for the IE6 browser in file : templates/ja_uvite/css/ie6.php

You can see that we defined to imitate.

Peter Matra Friend

I never had a problem with the IE 6 transparency…although you will see IE 7 gave me a coronary. Try a different computer and then you will know if your comp is f*** because thats what I did.

My IE 6 problem stemmed from the way I was running multiple browsers.

Pete

marmaliser Friend

hi petermatra,

… ya, having thought about it, I’m running IE6 along with IE7 and think you might be right. I’ll take a look on another comp and let you know the story. IE7 working fine with me though…

thanks for your time on this – much appreciated.

mayke Friend

Hi,

Would : Ultimate PNG Fix (plugin) : Correct PNG transparency for IE6 from JoomlaWorks will help this?
    http://www.joomlaworks.gr/content/view/2/42/

Peter Matra Friend

How are you running the two side by side? MS will not let you do that. You would have to have the Multiple IE standalone packages.
    p

marmaliser Friend

Hi petermatra,

There’s a standalone IE 6 called IE6Eolas – do a google for it. It has limitations but saves booting up 2 machines…

Hope it helps.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  marmaliser 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum