Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Sci-Fi Fantasy fiction themed site: http://www.tonyamoore.com

Template used: JA Uvite

Any feedback or suggestions for improvement would be much appreciated.

cjmicro Friend

The and layout looks good and it looks like you have good content too, nice job!

I realize the theme is sci fi but it’s a little dark for my taste. I would suggest to lighten up the menu sublinks so they are the color of the hover, then make a little lighter yet for the hover? Also all the headings. They just all are a little dark, and the purple text on black too. This is just my opinion of course, so take it for what it’s worth. 😉

I like the moving keyword cloud. Pretty neat. Reading the excerpts makes me want to pick up a book and read more, so that’s a good thing too. Good luck with it.
    Cheryl

mfcphil Friend

Where did you get the moving keyword cloud?

Site is looking pretty cool 😉

Have you used the debug position for the images at the bottom….very good use of some dead space if you did its a good idea…

sunrise Friend

Hi hdanh00,

I like the site, good menus and interesting material. I’ll go back some time to read some of it.

Comments: The purple text is a bit dark so it’s difficult to read. I also think a few pictures would make it more pleasing to the eye. First impressions are important, and the home page at least could have some pics, maybe of authors, or book covers or something to give it more color.

Other than that I think you did a great job.

questbg Friend

I’m with Cheryl and Sunrise

Fantastic site but a bit dark and hard to read in places. Great content tho.

I’ll be checking back to read the featured stories.

Great Job!

bennitos Friend

Overal look of the site is great, I agree that it is a little bit too dark at times.

Some of the pictures seem to be a bit large in size and maybe could do with some extra compression, wich should improve the loading time a little bit.

Further you might want to consider using a module for search friendly urls’s like 404sef.

But thats about all i could find so really good work!

hdanh00 Friend

Thanks for the feedback and the great suggestions, everyone. I’m implementing some of them and my site looks a whole lot better already.

@mfcphil – you can find the moving tag cloud here:
    http://blog.joomlabear.com/porting-roy-tancks-beautiful-wpcumulus-joomla

I hadn’t thought of using the debug mod position but it’s a great idea. Will definitely keep it in mind if I need to add anything.

@bennitos – thanks for the heads-up about the pics.
    None of the sef components, including the joomla core component will work on my site. Ever since upgraded my Joomla to 1.5, trying to implement sef breaks my site. It’s one of the things I miss most.

Thanks again! 🙂

bennitos Friend

<em>@hdanh00 106733 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    @bennitos – thanks for the heads-up about the pics.
    None of the sef components, including the joomla core component will work on my site. Ever since upgraded my Joomla to 1.5, trying to implement sef breaks my site. It’s one of the things I miss most.
    </blockquote>

If you need help setting up SEF, feel free to send a pm. As it can be quite a hassle some times 🙂

annaleen Friend

Wow that’s fantasy and mystery! Suit’s the theme of the writer. 😎

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Great site! As others said, it may a bit dark.

hdanh00 Friend

<em>@bennitos 106741 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you need help setting up SEF, feel free to send a pm. As it can be quite a hassle some times :)</blockquote>

Ever since it was mentioned, it just kept bugging me so I gave it another shot – and it works. I don’t know what i was doing incorrectly before – but that seems to be resolved now. Thanks for the offer!

Thanks for the comments annaleen and sfpkent – and thanks for taking the time 🙂

annaleen Friend

<em>@hdanh00 107640 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ever since it was mentioned, it just kept bugging me so I gave it another shot – and it works. I don’t know what i was doing incorrectly before – but that seems to be resolved now. Thanks for the offer!

Thanks for the comments annaleen and sfpkent – and thanks for taking the time :)</blockquote>
    Maybe you upgraded to 1.59? There was a SEF bug in 1.58 that gave a lot of us headaches.;)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  annaleen 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum