Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Well, I thought I would show off my very first Joomlart Template.

This is a charity site I have designed for farmers in my local area in Ontario, Canada. It did not take long before the project became province wide. I am hoping this will be a huge success for this community [Farmers] as times are getting harder to turn a buck in this trade.

Let me know what you think and I am sure I will have some advice in improving…THAT IS FINE!!! I just need to go over any changes with the group first. It went live Friday for some test from a few farmers and good feedback so far. Tuesday is the real test as it will be the main presentation at a farm expo in Bolton, Ontario. Canada.

I will be heading down for the day to assist the girls in the power point and any questions that may pop up. This has been a great project to work on and really learned a lot about the farming community that really has opened my eyes.

Here is the site

Thanks to all from the forum who answered some of my questions and also a special thanks to Perryover at joomprod.com for spending a few hours helping me out with a few ads manager bugs. He was a huge help…

Thanks,

James

2Patrick Friend

Good to see the site has already got some sellers !

jwellman Friend

Good job James! 🙂

questbg Friend

Hi James

Nice site, well done.

<em>@jimmer 67921 wrote:</em><blockquote>Tuesday is the real test as it will be the main presentation at a farm expo in Bolton, Ontario.</blockquote>
    Good luck for tomorrow, I hope the presentation goes well!

<em>@jimmer 67921 wrote:</em><blockquote>Let me know what you think</blockquote>

I think my only ‘negative’ comment would be the front page is real text heavy. If you could break up the main article with an image I think it would help, otherwise great job!

questbg Friend

PS. Also, got a 404 from you ‘page peel’ ad on the top right:

(http://ontariohaylistings.ca/Recommend-Us/index.php)
    404: Not Found
    Sorry, but the content you requested could not be found

jimmer Friend

<em>@questbg 68299 wrote:</em><blockquote>PS. Also, got a 404 from you ‘page peel’ ad on the top right:

(http://ontariohaylistings.ca/Recommend-Us/index.php)
    404: Not Found
    Sorry, but the content you requested could not be found</blockquote>

Thanks for the feedback, I will look into 404. Also will let the organization know and see what they come up with.

Thanks everyone,

James

OK, went and fixed problem…Was calling a different page….I have fixed. As you noticed, does not matter how many times my eyes see it someone else’s picks up the errors. LOL. I am up to my ears in HAY…LOL

jimmer Friend

<em>@questbg 68298 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi James

Nice site, well done.

Good luck for tomorrow, I hope the presentation goes well!

I think my only ‘negative’ comment would be the front page is real text heavy. If you could break up the main article with an image I think it would help, otherwise great job!</blockquote>

Thought I would give some updates on the site.

Site is doing very well and since July 2nd 2008 a total of 49,995 hits and 296 registered members. Client and Farmers are quite happy.

Once again,

Thanks to everyone who sent me some hints and also Perry over at joomprod

sunrise Friend

It’s a bit late for comments, but I just wanted to see a site with Zibal. You made the most of the site for the farmers there. In prarticular I like the picures in the header. They really help the site look good. Great choice. Continued good luck with this site, and any others.

sfpkent Friend

<em>@questbg 68298 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I think my only ‘negative’ comment would be the front page is real text heavy. If you could break up the main article with an image I think it would help, otherwise great job!</blockquote>

Yes, agree with it.

But your website is great. Well done!

By the way, about the visitor statistics, my suggestion is you may not need so detail (page view) and max. 🙂

Kent

jimmer Friend

<em>@sfpkent 93804 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes, agree with it.

But your website is great. Well done!

By the way, about the visitor statistics, my suggestion is you may not need so detail (page view) and max. 🙂

Kent</blockquote>

Hi guys,

Thanks for feedback. Client wants all the stats to sell ads. Plus I gave up on trying to break up the text on the home page with the client. They thought it was fine and not to worry about adding images.

On another note the site is doing extremley well for activity.

Thanks again,

jimmer Friend

I am working on a new and improved version of the site. Still using the same template and keeping it dialup friendly….I will be implementing Joomla 1.5…

Site has over 500 members and is very active…So I want to make some more updates to make things go well when we hit 1000…Members….:D

I am sure some of you think it is bla…But 80% of the clients are Farmers in rural areas and have no highspeed available…So I am doing the best I can…

We will see how the 1.5 looks in about a month as this is a project I am working on while waiting for other clients to get me info for other sites I am working on.

If anyone has some advice for optimization don’t hesitate or if anyone has big memberships let me know how you maintain your sites.

Thanks, 😉

jwellman Friend

Hi Jimmer,
    I visited the contact us page and I do not see a Captcha Code. I’m using Firefox so I opened it in IE7. In IE the captcha code is also empty but in addition to that it is breaking out of the template.

Thought I’d let you know!
    Jess

jimmer Friend

<em>@jwellman 109883 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Jimmer,
    I visited the contact us page and I do not see a Captcha Code. I’m using Firefox so I opened it in IE7. In IE the captcha code is also empty but in addition to that it is breaking out of the template.

Thought I’d let you know!
    Jess</blockquote>
    Jess, thanks. Not sure what happened…I will go address it now.

😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jimmer 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum