Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I started building my site quite a few years back to learn html, php etc. It was built from scratch on a page by page basis but I found it a chore to update so it became out of date. I then found Joomla and the wonderfull templates out there.

I began with a free template heavilly modded by myself. Not being graphically talented I struggled to get the look right, then I found Joomla Art. Your templates are fantastic.

So here is my current site. http://www.windsurf.me.uk

This template works really well with the coppermine photo gallery which is one of the most popular areas of the site.

Any comments or ideas for improvement appreciated.

I am currently getting a friend to re-design the logo as it is not my strong point. I’ve just stuck with something simple and pasted it onto the background then removed the logo file. When the new logo is done I will edit the css to get the logo size correct for the site so ignore the minor error on page, I know about that.

It is a shame that the logo on JA templates is not a module position as that would make editing it a lot easier especially if it was made in a size that could change if banners were not being used etc.

cjmicro Friend

Looks great!! The coppermine is really integrated nicely, good job!

Cheryl

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Good job! Informational, all colors matched. Even the template very colorful but it still load very fast. 🙂

questbg Friend

Lovely looking site, great job! Nice use of colours and typography.

Only one thing I spotted: “Dare to Dream
    t’s that time of year when you just let your mind wander and think, what if.”

In the ‘Latest’ section on front page, the “I” is missing at the start of the sentence!

Phill Moderator

Cheers for the comments.

As for the typo, Unfortunately, the missing “I” is from an rss feed from a site where the owner is profoundly dyslexic.

didim Friend

looks nice and tidy, welldone

reachthesky Friend

I think you should really consider changing the youtube video for another vimeo video. I love vimeo just because the customization of their player. It looks so smooth.:) plus, it supports HD:)

sunrise Friend

I tried windsurfing once. I wish I had had more time, so I could have gotten a bit better at it. It sure was fun. I had not thought about it much until I saw this site. Looks very nice, and the design fits the topic well. I know some of the people at Starboard. Maybe they would like to see the site too. I’ll mention in to them if I see them.

Phill Moderator

Windsurfing is one of those sports with a steep learning curve but if you persevere the rewards are huge. Problem is, it does tend to take over your life. Your nice sporty care gets traded for an estate or even a van. You watch the weather constantly getting frustrated when the forecasters don’t tell you what the wind is doing. You don’t care if it is sunny, raining or even snowing as long as it is windy.

jsliao Friend

nice site u’ve got there… but somehow, the bottom part with the popular articles and such looks rather bland… not sure how you can perk it up a lil

job well done nonetheless

Phill Moderator

I agree. I’ve been thinking about what to do with it and have some ideas. Two colums just doesn’t work.

Thanks for the comments all.

xasia Friend

Looks great.

Good luck mate

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  xasia 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum