Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I’m going through the final stages of testing with our new website and am doing browser compatability testing.

So far all of the following are good:
    – Firefox
    – Safari
    – Google Chrome
    – IE8

However if you go to the home page using IE6, the left menus are misaligned and dont appear until you scroll about half way down the page.

The site is: http://www.simplyoriginal.com.au

Any ideas how I can resolve this as I expect there will be a lot of people out there still stuck with IE6?

Thanks

daylin Friend

Looks fine. I would encourage you to visit your template.css files and scroll to line 816 and remove the “g” from ..images/logo.png to correct. Are you using Firefox and the firebug tool extension to find the source template and design issues? Good luck.

layptan03 Friend

Hi maldown, I’m facing the same problem like you. I viewed in IE8 and all the left menus are misaligned and becoming super big in size. I wonder how do you resolved this problem. Yours appeared in IE is normal. So, I supposed you have found the solution. Do throw me some lights. thanks!

Anonymous Moderator
    layptan03 Friend

Thanks! I have added the codes:

<!-->
    <style type="text/css">
    .clearfix {display: inline-block;}
    </style>
    <!-->
    <!-->
    <style type="text/css">
    .clearfix {display: block;}
    </style>
    <!-->

to templates/ja_beryl/index.php but no good, the layout still badly displayed in IE. Could you please take a look at our constructing site and give me some hints. Thank you!

URL REMOVED

You can check the source code to see if I pasted correctly. FF has no problem in viewing the site. Strange….

Anonymous Moderator

Hi layptan03

This issue is from your articles.

You are copying this content form Ms.Word but don’t clear format of Ms.Word

Before copy the content of article to Joomla, please copy to notepad to clear all formats of Ms.Word and copy from NotePad to Joomla.

Also, please kindly submit a ticket, send us your live url, admin account so that we have a closer look on the issue.

layptan03 Friend

Thanks for reminding me of this. I realised it was the CSS and html code wrongly written in JA Slideshow2 module under “Description for each Item“. Now it is back to normal and we can proceed. Great thanks!

(I have removed the constructing URL above since solution is found)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  layptan03 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum