Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

My wife want to go distribute MonaVie and I made for her a website using the JA-Quartz template.

Link to the website: http://www.mona-vie.nl

Used extensions:

• Frontpage Slideshow 2.0
    • Youjoomla Multimediabox 2.0
    • Phoca Guestbook (modified template)
    • Agora Forum 3.0 (modified template)
    • Core Design Login Module
    • Xmap
    • Acontact

The website is in Dutch language.

Future development:

• Install JoomFish to make translation into Russian and English possible
    • Install a NewsLetter Component

Suggestions, remarks are always welcome.

Kind regards,
    Peter

1. mona-vie.nl_
    2. monavieforum
    ps5t0ck5 Friend

Hi Peter,

You have chosen just the right template, it gives a lovely, fresh and β€˜healthy’ feel.

Everything works well and I just have some suggestions that you might want to consider;

Frontpage: Monavie_fuits.jpg is blurred, it might be where you have resized it(?) can you improve the resolution or use an improved original image? Mv06.jpg, mv12.jpg text is not clear on the image, how about hinting the text and/or antialiasing…

On the ingredients articles the images of the fruit might look better with some horizontal space to stop the text from running into them – and I’d justify the text but that might just be me!

Also where you have links to wikipedia, it might be more ‘user friendly’ to have your own pop-ups with a short explanation?

MonaVie Pulse Fruits – was the final paragraph in legend style? – if so the top does not seem to be visible.

When all is said and done, as I said before a good, clean, fresh site.
    πŸ™‚

theprofessor Friend

Wow, as the previous poster said…excellent job, and I agree — you couldn’t have picked a better template!

Also nice to see a site where Frontpage Slideshow 2 really works. I bought it and haven’t been able to use it yet…every time I try it just doesn’t fit in to the look/feel of the Web site.

Also have to agree with the previous poster. If there’s a way that you can sharpen up some of the images, it will make a nice adjustment.

Bravo! I think i’m going to pour myself a glass of wine now πŸ™‚

questbg Friend

Really nice site, perfect template for the job. As the others have said a couple of images could be sharpened up to really finish the site.

Oh, I thought the PDF button in the articles was a bit ‘lost’ on the background? Print and e-mail were fine, but the PDF was too weak.

Great job Peter, well done!

Chris

swemmel Friend

Thank you all for the friendly comments. πŸ˜‰

Later this week I will look at the suggestions made you all. Thank you very much for that.

Kind regards,
    Peter

swemmel Friend

theprofessor;131092
    Also nice to see a site where Frontpage Slideshow 2 really works. I bought it and haven’t been able to use it yet…every time I try it just doesn’t fit in to the look/feel of the Web site.

Did you try to modify a template of the Frontpage Slideshow to make it fit in your website? That is what I did to make it suitable for my personal website (http://www.pswemmelaar.nl).

Regards,
    Peter

mfcphil Friend

Hi Peter, love the new site.

My only critical comment is about the background…it is not a repeating background so it looks like a patch work quilt in some place.

There are thousand upon thousand of repeating backgrounds out there.

Try google image searching : Here

sunrise Friend

Hi Peter, Yes, the site looks very nice and fresh. great colors. The only comment I have is regarding the menu under INGREDIENTEN. the list is so long I can’t even see the bottom of the list on my screen. Maybe you could divide into a few categories or something else to get is shorter?! But apart from that it looks very nice.

swemmel Friend

The picture on the frontpage was very bad indeed. I replaced it with a better one. πŸ˜‰

Thanks all

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Good work! πŸ™‚ the color just sooooooooo match. I like it. πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sfpkent 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum