Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

i am using the ja_slideshow module and can’t seem to get it right, photos work, effects work, but i can’t get descriptions to show up.

Here is how I have it in the module parameters
    start status=play
    show description=yes

description parameters: (just pasting the first 2)

annas_donkey.jpg:caption=RHPCer, Anna Swanson, demonstrates just how versatile a pony clubbers equine skills can be.
    IMG_0363.jpg:caption=Quiz rally participants receiving their well deserved recognition at the 2008 RHPC annual meeting and picnic! From left to right: Caroline Atkinson, Katie Merin, Tori Hain, Julia Lynch, Cailyn Ryan, Drew Wicas and Kevin Staples.

Is this incorrect? I noticed some forum messages showed the parameters with [ ] around them?

I looked in the userguide and thought I was following what it said, but maybe I am missing something simple.

The site is http://www.radnorhuntpc.org/dev/index.php and it looks like when I view source it is putting in some type of description

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>
    //<!,
    thumbnails: ['images/resized/images/stories/home/2007_0614rallymarisa_100_100.jpg','images/resized/images/stories/home/ast08-482349_100_100.jpg','images/resized/images/stories/home/cimg7490_100_100.jpg','images/resized/images/stories/home/img_0363_100_100.jpg','images/resized/images/stories/home/img_1046_100_100.jpg','images/resized/images/stories/home/annas_donkey_100_100.jpg','images/resized/images/stories/home/games_044_44_100_100.jpg','images/resized/images/stories/home/jumpershow1576_100_100.jpg','images/resized/images/stories/home/pcchampionships08-001_100_100.jpg','images/resized/images/stories/home/quizteam_100_100.jpg','images/resized/images/stories/home/spring_rating_cs_100_100.jpg','images/resized/images/stories/home/unrally2_100_100.jpg'],
    captions: ['','RHPC's Tetrathlon champion, Kevin Staples, shows everyone that even though you can swim, shoot and run like a champion, you can still ride like a Super Star!','','Quiz rally participants receiving their well deserved recognition at the 2008 RHPC annual meeting and picnic! From left to right: Caroline Atkinson, Katie Merin, Tori Hain, Julia Lynch, Cailyn Ryan, Drew Wicas and Kevin Staples','Drew Wicas, RHPC's very own Dressage Queen shows how it's done at the 2008 USPC Championships!','RHPCer, Anna Swanson, demonstrates just how versatile a pony clubbers’ ‘equine’ skills can be','Congratulations to RHPC’s Senior Games team who took first place overall and third place in horse management! From left to right: Jessie Pillard (coach), Bonnie Bowden, Kiera Huntsman, Amanda Crossett, Hayley Bowden and Helene Caniglia','','RHPCerJulia Lynch, Julie Dopheide and Elizabeth Peckham await the 2008 USPC Championship Opening Ceremonies. RHPC Super Stars Bonnie Bowden, Hayley Bowden, Helene Caniglia, Amada Crossett, Kiera Huntsman, Katie Merin, Kevin Staples and Drew Wicas were also representing EPA at Nationals this year','','',''], caption_effect: 'moveup', urls: ['','','','','','','','','','','',''], duration: [2000, 5000],
    transition: Fx.Transitions.bounceOut ,
    navigation: '',
    classes: ['prev', 'next', 'active'],
    play : '1',
    mouse_action: 'click'
    });
    //]]>
    </SCRIPT>

Please let me know if anyone has any idea what I’m doing wrong. Thanks,
    Cheryl

cjmicro Friend

Can anyone help? Perhaps send me a screenshot of a working ja_slideshow with descriptions parameter?

Thanks,
    Cheryl

cjmicro Friend

Ok I think I figured this out. Along with installing the module, you have to have the ja_slideshow CSS in the template.css you are using, as the description area is set in the css. So now I have descriptions. Whew!

Cheryl

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  cjmicro 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum