Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

There seems to be some sort of conflict with ja_slideshow and Joomla 1.53.

On new site install of 1.53, I installed this template and could not get the slideshow to work. After many many hours, I finally gave up and removed that installation completely … then installed the Joomlart quickstart 1.52 available with this template. Everything worked fine – looks basically like the demo. Great!

Then I applied Joomla’s 1.52 to 1.53 patch upgrade. The slideshow no longer works properly – captions rotate but not the graphics; captions appear twice in the graphic space (visible on page reload or clicking on menu item).

Is there some configuration change that will solve this problem? Is it a script problem somehow affected by the 1.53 upgrade?

I’d appreciate any tips on how to fix this … or recommendations of other similar extensions that do work with the latest version of Joomla.

Test site url: http://www.webhostworx.net

whw07 Friend

Additional information —

After leaving the home page open in the browser (both Firefox and IE7) several minutes, I see that the slideshow is now working again. The only changes that were made seem unrelated … (1) overall article parameters were modified, and (2) Use Apache mod_rewrite was switched to Yes.

For now, the issue seems to be resolved. ????? Hope it lasts!!

whw07 Friend

Update on this issue ….

Slideshow works on first level menu items but becomes unstable on sub-levels. In IE7, the slideshow freezes when you click on any sub-level item (in the menu, or in the mainbody; for example in a section or category list). In Firefox, the slideshow loses graphics and duplicates captions.

http://www.webhostworx.net – to see sub-level behavior, click on “Sample Content…Web Links”

Joomlart developers: please advise if you know of a solution to this problem. OR the name of a recommended similar extension available in the Joomla community that WILL work with the Pariiti template? Are there known conflicts of other extensions with the Pariiti template?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  whw07 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum