Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi

I’ve used JA_Slideshow module in an article using {loadposition jaslideshow} in Joomla 1.5 site at http://www.catfordhighschool.co.uk at the top of the content area on homepage.

I have the sort order set to random, but it always shows the same pics in same order. I can’t seem to set it up to pull pics from folder at random. Can you offer any suggestions? I’ve attached the module params set up as a grab.

1. Picture-3
    we2solutions Friend

I think you want to buy template before asking help :confused:

dozza Friend

JA_Purity comes with Joomla by default, so there was no need to purchase this template.

I have purchased several JA templates in the past (e.g. JA Zibal at http://www.livingstonefc.com/ JA Mageia at http://www.leaseextension-freeholdpurchase.co.uk/ and JA Larix at http://www.protouchcleaningservices.co.uk/ so I feel I am quite a loyal customer to Joomlart.

As far as I’m aware, there was no stipulation that JA Slideshow can’t be used on a non-purchased template and I thought that as JA Purity was made by JA that there would be no conflict issues. I have plenty of other other Joomla image players I could have used but like the simplicity of slideshow.

I thought you’d be happy that I was promoting it on yet another site. Are you not in position to see that I have purchased templates before from JA??

Maybe you should check before condemming me so! If you now feel guilty, maybe you could help out with my problem???

I have also since noticed that once the images have all been shown once, the mainmenu suckerfish menu will appear behind the slideshow when viewd in safari and firefox on a mac.

Is this a known bug??

scotty Friend

dozza;125084I feel I am quite a loyal customer to Joomlart.

JA_purity is no longer owned, updated, or copyrighted by Joomlart and has nothing to do with a slideshow module that is only available with Premium templates.

Maybe Pylon design should renew their membership and avail of support here properly?

Fixing the random bug is just a matter of entering a ‘0’ in the right place.

dozza Friend

I’ve renewed JAEC.

Could you divulge some knowledge on the random bug?

I also need to know how to fix the issue whereby the mainmenu suckerfish menu will appear behind the slideshow when viewed in safari and firefox on a mac and all IEs on windows. Is it a z-index fix?

Many thanks…

scotty Friend

Open /modules/mod_jaslideshow/mod_jaslideshow.xml and find on line 37…

<param name="sort" type="list" default="0" label="Sort Order" description="The sort order of the images">
    <option value="0">Random</option>
    <option value="1">Ascending</option>
    <option value="2">Descending</option>
    </param>

…and enter the 0 where you see it in red above. Now open the slideshow in the module manager and save it with something other than random – then save it with random again and it will work. I can not believe this bug STILL exists is the templates. It has been reported several times.

Re: the menu…
    Your slideshow starts with a z-index of 1 and each time a slide changes it moves up one. Your menu has a z-index of 99 so if your page is open a couple of minutes the slideshow will go beyond 99 and thus appear in front of the menu. To stop this open /templates/ja_purity/css/ja-sosdmenu.css line 164 and find…

#ja-mainnav ul.menu li ul {
    height: auto;
    position: absolute;
    width: 15.9em;
    z-index: 99;
    }

…and change the z-index to something like 9999

scotty Friend

Sorry, the menu fix I gave above is a problem but it;s not the problem you are having in IE.

It seems to be a javascript problem. Try opening the slideshow in the module manager ans switching to Flash mode. I never use the slideshow in js mode because the time parameters don’t work. An other bug that was never fixed.

dozza Friend

Scotty

Thanks for your replies.

I don’t seem to have any Flash/Javascript option within the module settings (see attached grab). This is version 1.5.0 – May 2007. Is there an update?

dozza Friend

Scotty

Thanks for your replies. The ‘random bug’ fix worked perfect. Thanks for that.

Regarding the menu issue, I don’t seem to have any Flash/Javascript option within the module settings (see attached grab). This is version 1.5.0 – May 2007 which I think got when I purchased a template previously. Is there an update?

Also, <blockquote>Open /modules/mod_jaslideshow/mod_jaslideshow.xml and find on line 37…</blockquote>
    Just for reference purposes, this code starts on line 43 in my od_jaslideshow.xml file.

1. Picture-11
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dozza 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum