Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Joomla 1.5
    Vauxite template

Pulling my hair out…and sure this is a simple overlook on my part:

Cannot get JAHighslide to create a thumbnail of my full sized image. Image is loading on the page full sized…and clicking on it the Highslide action seems to be working perfectly as long as I use a full URL.

Here’s the page: http://www.fccps.org/j15b/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=179:inclusive-schools-week&catid=86:mehms-news&Itemid=289

And here’s the JAHighslide call:

{highslide type="img" url="http://www.fccps.org/j15b/images/stories/MEHMS/meh%20inclusive%20schools%20week.jpg" width=200 captionText='Here, have some text'}{/highslide}

Two issues:

1. Image initializes at full size instead of thumbnail as set in the plugin at 200width
    2. Having to use the full url. Path is set to images/stories/ Without the full url the full sized picture appears, but clicking on it causes Highslide to issue an “image not found” in the root directory error.

Your help is GREATLY appreciated. I feel so small. 🙂

Anonymous Moderator

I would like to answer your questions as follows:

1. Image initializes at full size instead of thumbnail as set in the plugin at 200width

Edit Highslide plugin, select Auto resize image to No

2. Having to use the full url. Path is set to images/stories/ Without the full url the full sized picture appears, but clicking on it causes Highslide to issue an “image not found” in the root directory error.

You can change the path of folder to yourseft.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Thank you for solving the full sized problem…

But I’m still getting no where on the second issue…and that being I cannot find the right combination of PATHS that will allow me to use a short cut URL versus the full blown URL.

There are PATHS in THREE LOCATIONS…but unsure of what to put where.
    The documentation just says, basically do it…but I’m confused as to what to do.

Here are all the possible areas concerning Highslide where an image path can be put.

1. JA Highslide Module
    2. JA Highslide Plugin
    3. and, of course, the Joomla Global Config.

All I’m trying to do is keep from having to type the full URL in the {highslide}{/highslide} code.

Anyone else feeling my pain? :((

OH! And is there an option I can use in the {highslide} code to get the image to align left/right/center?

Thanks,
    John.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi jbrett,

For the question:
    <blockquote>OH! And is there an option I can use in the {highslide} code to get the image to align left/right/center? </blockquote>

Current, the Highslide does not support your idea.

Anonymous Moderator

For the question:
    <blockquote>Here are all the possible areas concerning Highslide where an image path can be put.

1. JA Highslide Module
    2. JA Highslide Plugin
    3. and, of course, the Joomla Global Config.

All I’m trying to do is keep from having to type the full URL in the {highslide}{/highslide} code</blockquote>

You can only use full page with JA Highslide Plugin and with JA Highslide Module, you must select a folder, which is in the root of your website.

sunrise Friend

Hi jbrett,

I read, OH! And is there an option I can use in the {highslide} code to get the image to align left/right/center?

I am also using Highslide, and wanted to have the thumbnails align in the middle, so if you find a slolution, let me know. Thanks

John Wesley Brett Moderator

<em>@JA Developer 96100 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can only use full page with JA Highslide Plugin and with JA Highslide Module, you must select a folder, which is in the root of your website.</blockquote>

So if I’m understanding you correctly:

• JAHighslide MODULE – For use only as a mini gallery of sorts…with all images (or other media types) automatically drawn from a root-based folder
    • JAHighslide PLUGIN – this is what controls images placed inside of actual content (i.e. news stories, etc.)

And the two are separate entities…they do totally separate things.

Is that correct?

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@jbrett 96197 wrote:</em><blockquote>So if I’m understanding you correctly:

• JAHighslide MODULE – For use only as a mini gallery of sorts…with all images (or other media types) automatically drawn from a root-based folder
    • JAHighslide PLUGIN – this is what controls images placed inside of actual content (i.e. news stories, etc.)

And the two are separate entities…they do totally separate things.

Is that correct?</blockquote>

It is correct.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum