Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Is anyone noticing, especially in Firefox, the JANews Frontpage Slideshow only showing half the picture when the page first loads…

(see attachments)

….and then finally expands to full length when the slideshow is allowed to progress to the next image? :confused:

And better yet…anyone found a fix?

Thanks,
    John.

Menalto Friend

I have seen on pageload that it suddenly apperas, and thats how it will be i think

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    I think that maybe your computer your or your internet is slow

wrumwrum Friend

I’ve got the same. Firts run of the site or hard-refreshing (sft+refresh) and image is cut, no text appears. I’ve tested it on many computers with many browsers. Even in demo version here on joomlart it occurs :confused: Computer is fast, connection is rather fast (3Mb/s)

Balaji Ramanathan Friend

I saw this ‘half-loading’. But appeared only in couple of computers on the same network. I didn’t bother to check the configuration of computer.

Overall, it seems to be fine.

scattdaddy21 Friend

i’ve got the exact same thing occurring – my computer is new & quite fast with 4 gb ram, and everything clean and optimized. my internet connections is a 10Mb/s cable connection and is blazing. these are not the problem.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

I agree that speed of connection is not the issue…I’m on a FiOS fiber connection.:cool:
    Attached is a screen capture with Firebug view of that error. This is looking directly at the Joomlart.com Demo page without the frames.

It looks as though the JA FP News module is being hidden behind the JA News Mod. (note element height shows only 128 px – if I manually increase this – using Firebug – to 350px then the full area shows.)

On Firefox I can refresh the page and it will always show this. ONLY when I ADVANCE to the next slide does the module’s height correct itself.

Love the template…and looking forward to swatting this little bug so we can use it!

Thanks,
    John. :confused:

Menalto Friend

Hmmmmm, would it help to set a specific height of the slider in ja.news.fp.css

#jahl-newsitem {
    padding:0;
    height: 300px;
    }

Or to change in the js file to wor kbetter.

wrumwrum Friend

none of this works for me. Anybody succeed?

Sherlock Friend
    Sherlock Friend

HI
    Can I mark this topic is solved ?

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Yes…please do so.
    Might want to include the link to the solution in a sticky.

Thanks again,
    John.

wrumwrum Friend

wow! I am working on uvite now. I’ve got same problem. Last time (rutile) this tip has worked for me. This time it doesn’t. I am a bit confused 😮
    url of my site: http://testbr2.pl/
    i would very much appretiate any help

sorry if the location of the post is not right. I thought that this topic is the most associated with my problem

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  wrumwrum 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum