Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

My [url=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/janewsflash-not-showing-when-moved-to-user1/

I have exactly the same issue as the topic I linked to above.

JANewsFlash will not display in User1 in Firefox or Opera.

I’m afraid that any kind of FTP or Shell access to my server is not an option so a public fix would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason

Menalto Friend

First off you can start with your site url?

systemshock Friend

http://www.systemshock.co.za

It appears to be a known issue with the temlate itself which is why I didn’t include any of my sites details.

Thanks for taking the time to look at the problem.

systemshock Friend

What do I need to do to get a solution to this problem?

systemshock Friend

Hi

I’m still waiting on a response to this. I’ve paid for a template and I don’t think it’s overly presumptuous of me to expect it to work.

Thanks,
    Jason

mj1256 Friend

I don’t know if any known bug issue and mine works perfectly.

I would check to see if its a mootools conflict between your newsflash and you forum post hovers. Turn off the forum posts on the right side and see if the newsflash starts to work in the other browsers.

swap the forum posts and the newsflash locations and see if that makes it work.

systemshock Friend

Thanks for the response. It is however a known issue with this template.

If you read my first post you will notice I link back to a thread where this has been brought up by another member.

Again, as mentioned in the other thread it does work in other locations. I don’t want it used in those locations though.

mj1256 Friend

OK, so there was a solution and a moderator fixed it for one user but did not share the fix publicly.

This has been a continual problem on the forum

what your experiencing is a common issue with the templates as custom features are hard coded into the template positions and thus require more that just a new position assignment to work. Some of the modules cannot be used on other templates either for this reason.

I hope they post the fix for you, keep bumping this until they do.

karensieger Friend

I’m gonna have to side with systemshock on this one. I was the one that first inquired and exposed the bug. I got a pm asking for ftp access. I replied granting access via Joomla through extplorer (I don’t have ftp access) and got no reply. The bug has not been fixed. Based on what was said, it sounds like there is a known fix. I could be hallucinating, but hainn84’s profile might have changed from an admin to a moderator. So there could be an explanation as to the lack of reply.

Can someone from JoomlArt take a look at this issue and supply a fix? I would be most grateful.

mj1256 Friend

I thought hainn84 fixed for you and then didn’t share the solution. Now i find he never followed up with you.

lets keep bumping this to the top

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum