Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

i make a review of your site and i do not seee nothing no error but when i check in ie7 show the error icon and appears that some object is not supported. but is strange that i do not see your same problem in ff, maybe because i have ff3 and not ff2 i too test in chrome and in safari and the error did not show up.

so tell me the exact steps you do for this to appear and if you install it as come from joomlart or make any modification

shertmann Friend

i suggest you that make a fresh install of the quickstart pack and see if give you trouble, then you must check the apropiate permisions. but i insist i do not see any error code

shertmann Friend

this goes a possible solution that i found let me know if this fix your problems Mercator an Autumaustin

appears that is an error that happens for a problem with the mootools menu so you must use another menu or edit the js file in order to fix that error, i have not fin more information about this so when i found i will let you know

shertmann Friend

well in the joomla forums i found this that maybe can help.

the error is common in many other joomla sites that use that motools framework so is posible that in the upload proces something goes wrong, so in order to fix it is recomended to upload again first the mootols.js then others options before make a fresh reinstall

mercator Friend

Hi shertmann,

you can realize the JavaScript error with Firefox Extension ‘Firebug.’ I have installed the template with ‘quickstart’ on several systems (Apache 2 with PHP4 and PHP5) and on several machines and times. For example i have tested on a localsystem(Ubuntu 7.1, Apache2, PHP5) with all permissons open – meaning i set all temporarly to 777. Everywhere is the same error.

Thanks for your help, but – i am sorry – it didn’t solve the problem.

Regards
    K.R.

shertmann Friend

well i read a lot about this same problem it seems that is some weird thing about the js, with joomla using the mootols framework and some bugs still present you two are not the only ones that have this problem, i only see if i activate my js debug option in firebug so is pretty rare to see this things happens, in this point when things like this happens i have to say that the ideal is to submit this to joomla team in order to see they fix this bug.

well sorry all the effort didn’t produce any improvement but well lets keep working:D

tonio78b Friend

Hi,

in the ja.script.js try to comment the following lines :

/*

window.addEvent (‘load’, function() {

equalHeight();

jaAddFirstItemToTopmenu();

jaRemoveLastContentSeparator();

jaRemoveLastTrBg();

//new MenuIcon($E(‘#ja-mainnav’));

});

window.addEvent (‘resize’, equalHeight());
    */

Regards

autumnaustin Friend

sorry tonio but that didn’t work either.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  autumnaustin 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum