Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I cannot get the ja_magz.zip file to install. After searching other posts, I tried the following: Changed the php.ini file to an upload file size and post max size to 25M. I also set the PHP temporary directory as I found a warning for that.

I encountered these errors with Joomla 3.1.1 and then decided to upgrade to 3.2.7 and I still get this error.

I ran across a post for another product that suggested go into the component’s xml file and change where it says <install to <extension, etc. I see a number of xml files in the component folder of ja_magz when I extract it on my PC and I didn’t want to start tinkering with any xml files unnecessarily.

I also tried uploading the zip file to the tmp folder on the server and install from there. But, then I ran into problems with it not installing under the templates folder and thus not being recognized as a template.

Help, please. Thank you.

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    # Please check your zip file and make sure it’s not be corrupted
    # Please make sure your value post / upload max size is applied correctly
    # And finally you can try by upload zip file – extract and install via Directory

http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/joomla/install-joomla-extension.htm

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jas2014 Friend

Regarding checking if the zip file is corrupt, this is a paid template from Joomlart. So, if the buyer is supposed to do that, how would I go about it?

I stated in my post that I tried to install it from the server (on which my web site resides). I believe that’s the equivalent of your saying “install via directory”.

Also, I mentioned in my original post that I set the post and upload sizes. They are set to values > the zip file size.

If anyone else has suggestions, please advise.

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    About file corrupted there is nothing about paid template or not. Because it’s transferred via Internet, it would be corrupted because network lagging.
    Please give me a sample file you download & installed failed . I’ll help you to check it.
    Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    I have just checked with this file

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3624

And installed it on my dev machine ( Apache server ).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/npb2ra26tpr5kyj/2014-10-20_10-49-51.png?dl=0

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jas2014 Friend

Since I was able to unzip and view files in a copy of the zip file I downloaded, I assumed it was not corrupted. Just now I downloaded another copy of the zip file. That uploaded and installed successfully. Thank you!

jooservices Friend

You are welcome
    Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum