Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Employers don’t have any editor in the front-end when they want to post (or edit) a job?

Please find confidential data for JA Staff.

Thanks

Anonymous Moderator

Hi there,

The editor is still available there but has not been enabled at your end. Thus, it does not appear within post job and edit job form accordingly.

It has been configured now, please cross check to see the update.

spdave Friend

Many Thanks for this update 🙂

Could I change the editor to use JCE?

I still have the special character problem : quote like this ‘ make an error character.

All the best

Anonymous Moderator

Hi again,

You can change to other available editor within Joomla by going to User Manager/Super Administrator and select the editor you wish.

And be informed that the issue with the special character problem : quote like this ‘ make an error character at your site has been solved now. Kindly cross check at your end.

spdave Friend

Hello JA,

So you’re right when we use Tiny MCE that’s ok, the editor is there; But when we choose JCE, there’s no editor.

😮

Anonymous Moderator

Hi spdave,

I have logged in with the employer account RHC75 again for testing after changing the editor to JCE and could view the editor for job editing as normal. Kindly find attachment for more information.

Pls try again, if you still have any prob, kindly send screenshots for further tracking.

1. spdave_JCE_editor
    spdave Friend

Re,
    Your’re screenshot is the Tiny editor :confused:.

So, I check again with JCE and the issue isn’t solved.

No problem for me now, I just stay with Tiny editor for users and me with JCE.

Thanks again.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi, please check again if it works now.

I have fixed and you can view the attached file for more info.

1. JCE_editor
    spdave Friend

Yes, it’s Ok 😎

Many thanks JA

triumph Friend

Where are the settings located for this issue? I am having the same problem. Also using JCE.

Maybe there is another issue here. When I select “Register as an Employer” or “Register as a Jobseeker” then the JCE editor is available. However if I am already registered and logged in, then I select the “Update My Info” menu link, then the JCE editor does not display.

triumph Friend

Select JCE >> Groups >> “Front End” – Enabled.

akerman Friend

That’s all very nice. But JCE is a smart animal…so my recommendation is to:

1. Create a new group in JCE (Called Jobboard Users)
    2. Select the Jobboard component only
    3. Select the users group (ex. guests & registered)
    4. Sort your new group so that it comes BEFORE the “Default” group.

(This is classical ACL behaviour – The higher security level before lower levels/less)

Reason? Well, now you can include ONLY the editor buttons you want for this group….or maybe you want them to upload images in the “Description” area? (didn’t think so… :))

Regards
    Akerman

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  akerman 13 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum