Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I just installed Job Board 2.5, and the first thing I notice at the home page is the Google Maps Javascript error message saying that the Api key is not valid. I go to the web page suggested by Google to generate a new API v2 key, but it says API v2 is expired, I tried to find a palce to create a Signature Key for the v2, but I can’t find it, seems to be obsolete, they encourage to use API v3.

I have reviewed the code from mod_jajobs_map/tmpl/default.php and it is based on Google Maps API v2.

Do you have developed integration to API v3 for the Maps module?

I just purchased and installed the job Board into a localhost server for development, with internet access to connect to google api, etc, but it seems that I have to rewrite the full code to use API v3.

Any work already done in this direction?

Mary Ann.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello Maryann,

You still can get API key for Google Map API V2. We are preparing user guide about this task in Job Board wiki page.
    I’ll send you link about this page tommorow.

About Google Map API V3, we created issue on our bug tracker system and we will apply this improvement for the next version. You can check this issue at http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAJBJ25-146

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello Maryann,

You can read a user guide of how to get Google API key here

Mary Ann Wellington Friend

Thanks for reply, I created my API key successfully yesterday. Thanks. Anyway, migration of the module to Maps API v3 would be a plus to enhance job board extension. Will I be able to upgrade to new versions of the extension during my license period?

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

sure, maryann

You can upgrade any extension under Job board category if you have Job board lincense

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum