Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Previously, when a jobseeker applied for a Job, it created a PDF that combined their Resume Details and their uploaded CV

After upgrading JA Jobboard this is no longer the case.

For some reason, only the CV they uploaded is visible by the employer, and not their entire details. See Screenshot below.

The bottom application has the correct PDF, the other does not.

Any help would be great.

1. Capture
    Blaine Friend

Hi tandemtech!
    Please read this entire post and see if you are able to resolve your issues.
    Thanks!

tandemtech Friend

Thanks for the timely response.

Unfortunately I could not find a similar issue on the link you sent me. If I missed it please direct me.

I’m still having this issue. Please Help.

Blaine Friend

The link was regarding the update and then the site having issues.
    That is why I directed you to it. The fix listed seemed to have helped multiple issues
    I will ask someone more familiar with Job Boards to try to help you.
    Thanks for your patience!

tandemtech Friend

Made the changes to the best of my ability, didn’t seem to do anything. I feel like I had this issue, a change was made, then I updated and now the error is back. Probably my previous post :
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/view-not-found-name-type-prefix-usergrouphtmljobboardview/
    The problem with just fixing it for people on this forum is that once I update I have to have you guys go back through again. I could do it myself but I never see “This is what I did”

Thanks

Blaine Friend

On the post you reference, this is what I saw posted as the solution:

<blockquote>For “existing users log in with their old joomla account”, you must use JAJobBoard menu module that supports user to login, they can upgrade their account as employer/jobseeker via “Update my info” in module after users log in.</blockquote>

Is that not your solution?

tandemtech Friend

No

That problem is no longer my problem. I am not sure how this particular problem with the PDF fixed itself. But I just re followed the directions and no it still did not work. I used the Register from your Menu Moduel, and the PDF still is not correct.

My problem now is that the PDF that should be sent is incorrect.

I have pulled together all of my previous solutions and to no avail.

The last working PDF is below I had to use a JPEG and some of the fields are empty so it looks weird.

But it was always firstname_lastname_resume_jobnumber.pdf

Now it is only whatever they upload to our site upon registration. Thanks.

1. jobseeker_resume_1897
    Blaine Friend

What version of Joomla are you running please?

tandemtech Friend

Sorry. Weekend.

Joomla version is 1.5.18 and JA Job Board version is 1.5.2

It was working before with the previous version of JA jobboard on the same version of joomla

Thanks again.

Blaine Friend

I am working on finding out why this is tandemtech. Please bear with me.
    Thanks!

tandemtech Friend

I appreciate the help. Thank you.

Blaine Friend

Hi tendemtech,
    Is the wrong PDF file being sent or is it sending the wrong TYPE of file (something other than a PDF, for example) after the update?
    If the wrong PDF file is being sent, have you been sure to reconfigure the file after the update?
    Please review the Job Boards WIKI and see if any help is there for you. It may just simply be that you have to reconfigure the component.

tandemtech Friend

I am trying to locate it but I am not seeing anything and I will continue to search it.

I guess what makes me upset is that this was fixed by somebody on this forum (moderator) and they really never explained what was done. Could you point me in the correct direction?

It’s not the wrong file type, it’s just not creating a separate PDF. It just gives a link to whatever they uploaded and there is no way to see the user’s details unless they go to the backend.

This is what this component was doing fresh out of the box. It was fixed. Now unfixed. If it is something I did accidentally myself the first time then I guess I didn’t document properly. That is something that may have happened.

However, I still need help.

If there is possibly another way to let the employer to see the details of the employee. I would prefer the users’ information to be sent via PDF message.

Thanks, I will continue to look. I guess I just need help finding the correct thing to tweak

tandemtech Friend

To clarify also, Vinh CV had made a fix that took care of a lot of my issues. Including this one either by chance or on purpous.

On this thread

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/view-not-found-name-type-prefix-usergrouphtmljobboardview/
    (same thread as previously linked)

One of my issues in the first post in the thread was:

“When said user apply for the job there is no ResumePDF only the uploaded file from the initial registration.”

That’s the same problem I am having now. And I wasn’t told what to fix, I simply updated information and Vinh CV Fixed it for me.

I don’t know what he did. How could I do this myself? Or can you fix it for me again.

tandemtech Friend

Just to try again I again attempted to use the menu link provided. The wrong PDF file is still being shown when somebody applies. There is no way to see the employee information in the front end.

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Blaine 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum