Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Problem:

When I log in at the front-end and try to write artilce, editor does not show up. I try other template and find the editor does show up.:confused:

Please tell me how I should do to use editor at the front-end log in. At the back-end I can use the editor. No Problem, but at the front-end I wonder why!

Dose anyone has the same trouble?

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    Plz edit index.php(templates/ja_teline_ii/index.php)
    Search this line

<?php $jamenu->genMenuHead(); ?>
    Change to

<?php if ( $my->id ) { initEditor(); } ?>

I will update that bug in new version

newone Friend

<em>@nguoiabcd 71869 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    Plz edit index.php(templates/ja_teline_ii/index.php)
    Search this line

Change to

<?php if ( $my->id ) { initEditor(); } ?>

I will update that bug in new version</blockquote>
    this solution does not work with the latest template.

i used menalto code to modify the index so that seyret could show up. Could this be causing the problem?

why don’t seyret show up without this modification?

Sherlock Friend

<em>@newone 75934 wrote:</em><blockquote>this solution does not work with the latest template.

i used menalto code to modify the index so that seyret could show up. Could this be causing the problem?

why don’t seyret show up without this modification?</blockquote>
    What is menalto code ?What is your problem? your URL ?

newone Friend

I am using j1.5, legacy mode on localhost. It is not online yet.

Menalto fix for seyret:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/virtuemart-seyret-fix/

newone Friend

My problem is that I cannot add article on the frontend. It keeps giving me this error:
    calendar.setup: nothing to setup no fields found. please check your code

but if i switch to rhuck template, everything is fine. I can create an article.

any ideas

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    in old version of Teline 2 , at homepage, default only show Ja news and Ja news FP module
    In newest version, Ja fixed that bug, you can config in admin

Set Show Component is Yes

Sherlock Friend

Hi, about calenda error, very helpul if you have live URL and make some screenshots

newone Friend

The problem is very simple:

if i use the newest teline template unmodified, I can submit from the frontend.

If i apply Menalto’s hack, I cannot submit from the frontend, BUT seyret will work.

Why:

1. Teline does not work with Seyret (this is ridiculous that paid template is limited to components)

2. After applying Menalto’s hack, I cannot submit from the frontend.

Can you test this and provide a solution? This is delaying my site launch!!>:(

newone Friend

<em>@nguoiabcd 75952 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    in old version of Teline 2 , at homepage, default only show Ja news and Ja news FP module
    In newest version, Ja fixed that bug, you can config in admin

Set Show Component is Yes</blockquote>
    This is set by default in the template.

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    Please use new version of template
    Then edit ja_templatetools_1.5.php
    Replace those lines:

function isFrontPage(){
    return (JRequest::getCmd( 'view' ) == 'frontpage') ;
    }

By

function isFrontPage(){
    return (JRequest::getCmd( 'option' )=='com_content' && JRequest::getCmd( 'view' ) == 'frontpage') ;
    }

newone Friend

It is now working. Thank you for your help.

But I am not happy…

Though I appreciate your assistance and time you put to solve this problem, the issue is that this should not have happened in the first place. Templates should work for the majority or all the components, just like they do in free templates. The basic functionality should be universal. Teline II needs major updating, and JA need to incorporate all the bugs resolved in the template.

Though the forum serves as a reference point, users should not have to troll the forum for basic and expected functionality. And they should not be required to tweak and tweak templates just so it can work with components properly (like seyret). After all, as clients of JoomlaArt, they should really work to ensure that all their templates first meet basic needs and function, before attempting to build complex ones, that ends up with lots of bugs.

Commercial templates should make our projects easier. I cannot imagine continuing on with JA if I have to create a detail list of modification just to get the templates to work properly. Updating such template would be a nightmare.

I am thinking about my membership. So far, this has not been a happy ride.

You can take this to the other moderators and Joomlart.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  newone 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum