Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I’ve turned on slow sql queries logging and set it to 30 seconds (an eternity). It comes up with things like this:

SELECT a.id, a.title, a.alias, a.introtext, a.fulltext, a.checked_out, a.checked_out_time, a.catid, a.created, a.created_by, a.created_by_alias, CASE WHEN a.modified = ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’ THEN a.created ELSE a.modified END as modified, a.modified_by,uam.name as modified_by_name,CASE WHEN a.publish_up = ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’ THEN a.created ELSE a.publish_up END as publish_up,a.publish_down, a.images, a.urls, a.attribs, a.metadata, a.metakey, a.metadesc, a.access, a.hits, a.xreference, a.featured, a.language, LENGTH(a.fulltext) AS readmore,CASE WHEN badcats.id is not null THEN 0 ELSE a.state END AS state,c.title AS category_title, c.path AS category_route, c.access AS category_access, c.alias AS category_alias,CASE WHEN a.created_by_alias > ‘ ‘ THEN a.created_by_alias ELSE ua.name END AS author,ua.email AS author_email,parent.title as parent_title, parent.id as parent_id, parent.path as parent_route, parent.alias as parent_alias,ROUND(v.rating_sum / v.rating_count, 0) AS rating, v.rating_count as rating_count,c.published, CASE WHEN badcats.id is null THEN c.published ELSE 0 END AS parents_published
    FROM te964_content AS a
    LEFT JOIN te964_content_frontpage AS fp ON fp.content_id = a.id
    LEFT JOIN te964_categories AS c ON c.id = a.catid
    LEFT JOIN te964_users AS ua ON ua.id = a.created_by
    LEFT JOIN te964_users AS uam ON uam.id = a.modified_by
    LEFT JOIN te964_categories as parent ON parent.id = c.parent_id
    LEFT JOIN te964_content_rating AS v ON a.id = v.content_id
    LEFT OUTER JOIN (SELECT cat.id as id FROM te964_categories AS cat JOIN te964_categories AS parent ON cat.lft BETWEEN parent.lft AND parent.rgt WHERE parent.extension = ‘com_content’ AND parent.published != 1 GROUP BY cat.id ) AS badcats ON badcats.id = c.id

WHERE a.access IN (1,1,5) AND c.access IN (1,1,5) AND CASE WHEN badcats.id is null THEN a.state ELSE 0 END = 1 AND (a.publish_up = ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’ OR a.publish_up <= ‘2014-06-27 12:03:57’) AND (a.publish_down = ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’ OR a.publish_down >= ‘2014-06-27 12:03:57’) AND a.language in (‘en-GB’,’*’)
    ORDER BY CASE WHEN a.publish_up = ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’ THEN a.created ELSE a.publish_up END DESC , a.created;

No wonder the server is dead on its feet with queries as long as this. http://www.globalprintmonitor.info The host says that JA News Pro is a server killer. SQL cannot possibly keep up.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello i am not able to access you r site , its not loading ..
    The template is not ready for joomla3.3.1 ..
    The same issue regarding the JA news pro you mentioned in your other thread .
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-news-pro-module-settings-in-chrome-browser-not-working/ .
    Please install the previous backup of your site .
    if you just started the development i suggest you to download the fresh qiockstart and install it on your test server and play with it .
    <blockquote>he host says that JA News Pro is a server killer. SQL cannot possibly keep up.</blockquote>
    Let is know if there is any issue in the quickstart package .(JA News PRo)

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

Your site loads extremely slow indeed. I am not sure if our JA News Pro has anything to do with it though, as “FROM te964_content AS…” in your SQL query actually refers to Joomla’s com_content table being at work.

How is our out of the box JA Teline IV Quick Start with demo data performs on the same host? If you wish, I don’t mind testing your web-site Akeeba Backup created clone on my remote hosting, which is recognized by the industry experts as one of the best.

Regards,

Alex

Manos Moderator

<em>@timtecsa 434184 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    No wonder the server is dead on its feet with queries as long as this. http://www.globalprintmonitor.info The host says that JA News Pro is a server killer. SQL cannot possibly keep up.</blockquote>

Hi,
    I can see that you have quite a few post’s published already and a lot of 404’s, the query you posted shouldn’t be that big of a deal, but let’s try to investigate this a bit further before anything else.

1) I suggest you get rid of all those 404’s -> http://prntscr.com/3x2ioq
    2) Any cache mechanism you make use of on your server/site ?

Regards

Manos

timtecsa Friend

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the kind offer. It seems that a redirect_links table got inadvertently dumped during move to another server. Site is now running, but slowly as usual.

pankajsharma and others have warned me about Joomla 3.3. So I’ll try resurrecting a Joomla 3.2 backup to compare on the same server. It will take some time to update.

Tim

timtecsa Friend

Hi Manos,

The majority of the 404s are because it’s a polyglot site (not multilingual) i.e. articles in different languages are mixed up together. I’m still waiting for a poyglot plugin so that 404s are avoided. Should be quite simple to do. In effect it needs to do what you might think to do when faced with a big red 404. i.e. edit the url for the page to the 2 letter language code of the article and reload. Even the flag changes 🙂

The cacheing is whatever is usual in Joomla 3.3. See settings screen grab below

Tim

1. cache
    Manos Moderator

Hi,

I can see you use “File” as cache which in my opinion is not the best option, is this a dedicated box or vps ?

timtecsa Friend

Hi Manos,

It’s running on a VPS server that is most likely underpowered having only 1 core and only 2GB ram.

For comparison purposes I have now loaded on the same server a similar site (running on Joomla 3.2) that is a subset (partial copy) of the main site created prior to upgrading Joomla to 3.3.

You can see it at: http://j32.globalprintmonitor.info/

Both are using File as cache, I think.

Manos Moderator

Hi,
    I can see that both face the same problem and even though i can’t be 100% sure since i can’t access the server stats my guessing is that your VPS or the Node your VPS resides are either overloaded or they need some tuning.

You can also install a cache system (server wise) and compress your site to make it’s footprint smaller.

That info here gives you some really good info http://prntscr.com/3xc7to

Regards

Manos

Manos Moderator

Heads up: Seems like your site uses Browser Cache but that doesn’t solve your problems.

timtecsa Friend

I can PM you Plesk panel root access if you want to see more server stats.

It looks like it’s trying to tell me something, which I usually find costs more $$s 🙂

1. health
    Manos Moderator

<em>@timtecsa 434214 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    The majority of the 404s are because it’s a polyglot site (not multilingual) i.e. articles in different languages are mixed up together. I’m still waiting for a poyglot plugin so that 404s are avoided. Should be quite simple to do. In effect it needs to do what you might think to do when faced with a big red 404. i.e. edit the url for the page to the 2 letter language code of the article and reload. Even the flag changes 🙂
    </blockquote>

You can build that using default Joomla multilingual system! There’s absolutely no need for any 3rd party add on!

<em>@timtecsa 434306 wrote:</em><blockquote>I can PM you Plesk panel root access if you want to see more server stats.</blockquote>

Nope, any panel access won’t do much, if you have root access you could post
    top -c (results)
    and we could take it from there.

Regards

Manos

timtecsa Friend

I tried building the site per the standard new Joomla Multilingual method (after reading J-MS tutorial) but with over 70 categories and Menu items my fingers got tired and the site performance was even worse. Isis is a pig when you have so many items. Also 404s persisted. In the j32 site I have removed Falang and all extra language packs but I see no noticeable performance improvement. There are a lot of junk tables in the db that I suspect I should be manually dropping as uninstall on Joomla 3 seems to have no effect on getting rid of unneeded component db tables, but I’ve no idea whether their existence affects performance.

Manos Moderator

Well if your MySQL server isn’t optimized then a database that’s not optimized also can cause even more problems and delays.

timtecsa Friend

I’ll let you know how db optimising goes after I’ve cleaned it up. Admin Tools could never get to the end of an optimisation before mySQL fail 🙁

I’ll try it in phpMyAdmin next time.

Update:

The only warnings now on doing a db tables check are on 2 items

finder_tokens
    finder_tokens_aggregate

WTF are these finder tables? Never seen them before. New in Joomla 3? Should I empty them?

Most of the tables upon Optimisation or Repair say such processes are not supported by the Storage engine … Should I just worry or panic?

Update 2 – Server Health

Why is the cpu beating it’s brains out when virtually no-one is on line on either site? After we let the search bots know our new address we normally get between 4,000 and 8,000 showing in the Who is Online module.

Update 3

The only reason I can see for the server load is that our Editor was posting a few dozen articles via the backend. Visitor load according to front end around 150 (mostly bots?).

1. finder
    2. health_services
    3. health_mem_cpu
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  timtecsa 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum