Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Why do i keep getting this kind of text on top of my articles when i publish new articles?

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:105%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:”Cambria”,”serif”; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:major-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:major-latin; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;}

i also get this type of jargons in the middle of my articles.

I paste directly from word.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:105%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:”Cambria”,”serif”; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:major-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:major-latin; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;}

http://waytivities.com.ng/index.php/discussion-board529058435/86-pre-meet-june-2011

http://waytivities.com.ng/

Some one please help as i am regretting why i signed up with joomla art

TomC Moderator

Is there some kind of special formatting you are attempting within your articles? That text looks like CSS styling code.

emekamadusha Friend

I am not doing anything. I just copy my article from word and paste in the text window.

What do i do now?

pritam Friend

Hello emekamadusha,

I have seen your site url . Can you provide your admin access at http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/75171

So that we can help you better.

tach55 Developer

The MSO stuff is Microsoft Formatting that gets added from pasting directly into the article from Word. I use JCE to strip out the Microsoft stuff as it is useless and not valid code for web and adds to the bloat on the page. You can paste your article to notepad first and then to the article editor. That way it will not have all the MS formatting. You will then need to format it as needed (h3 tags, bold etc… unordered lists)

Hope that helps

TomC Moderator

Either that, or write your articles in Wordpad or Notepad FIRSTwithout all of the HTML formatting – and, when you cut and paste the article into your Joomla article manager, THEN apply the appropriate formatting with the editor tools.

emekamadusha Friend

Thats not working either…i have sent in a mail to support but as usual it takes up to a week..to get a reply

Sherlock Friend

Hi emekamadusha,
    When you copy text from word to text window it keep some style tag from word and those style is apllied in word but in html those tag is invalid so the browse will display it as text.
    You can solve it following way below :
    Don’t copy redirect it to html window or editor of joomla, i recommend you download notepad++ in following link :
    http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
    it is useful text editor with standard format, you install it and copy text from word to editor of notepad++ , it will cut all style tag from word then you copy text from notepad++ to html window or joomla editor, please try it and tell me the goal.
    Hope can help you.
    thanks

emekamadusha Friend

Thanks hanin..this worked…but this does not happen with wordpress..why is joomla like this?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  emekamadusha 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum