Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am running J! 3.2.3 and have a component that does not play well with my JA Beranis template.

Logical solution is to assign a ‘simple’ template like ‘protostar’ to the ‘menu/template style’ setting, for the menu which calls my ‘special’ component.

With Joomla SEF turned ON, my special component still appears with the all the JA Beranis template features – which doesn’t suit the component (icons don’t appear etc) >:(

If I turn Joomla SEF to OFF, the protostar template appears as desired, when I use the menu to open my special component.:D

But turning Joomla SEF OFF, is hardly a satisfactory workaround.

Does anyone else see this kind of behaviour with a ‘menu/template style’ being affected by the Joomla SEF setting?

Does anyone have a solution to make the ‘menu/template style’ work properly with Joomla SEF turned ON?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

@bcollie

Please PM me the URL, Admin credential of your site, I will have a closer look.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi @bcollie
    i spent a lot of time on your site. I did not fine any error on the menu page that you provided me in PM.
    Please see this screenshot
    I have not found any error on this page by disable/Enable the system-SEF plugin.

On the other hand i have noticed in your site you are not using JA Beranis Template for your CRM menu page.
    you are using a default joomla template with a third party extension crmery.
    There is issue with the third party extension Crmery.
    Please contact to the Crmery dev in this issue.
    Here is the link

Hope it Helps

1. Dreamwood-International
    bcollie Friend

Hi and thanks for spending the time.

Unfortunately I did not communicate the problem sufficiently well.

I have been in almost daily contact with the CRMery Support desk and they have been very helpful.

The problem I have is that if I use the JA.Beranis template with CRMery, the icons on the various CRMery pages do not display.
    The CRMery support have told me the reason for this problem is that the template I am using (JA Beranis) is over-writing the CRMery template and that the JA.Beranis template has CSS settings which affect the width of the icons – causing them to not appear properly.

What they suggested was that I use a ‘plain’ standard template for my site whenever I want to open the CRMery component – thus hopefully avoiding the CSS influence of the JA.Beranis template.

I tried doing that by specifying the ‘protostar’ template in the menu settings for the menu item ‘CRM’ (which opens the CRMery Dashboard and the whole CRMery component).

What I found was that the alternate template setting in the ‘CRM’ Menu entry is being ignored, UNLESS I turn off Joomla SEF.

When I turned off Joomla SEF and click the ‘CRM’ menu item (logged in as Admin), the CRMery component opens WITH the protostar template and all the CRMery icons displayed properly.

This led me to think that something is affecting the alternate template parameter of Menus, while the JA.Beranis template is set as ‘default’.

Hence I am assuming there is a link between the apparent influence of Joomla SEF on the ‘Alternate Template’ parameter for a Menu item while ever the ‘default’ template of the Site is set to JA.Beranis.

If I could find out why the JA Beranis CSS is preventing the CRMery icons from displaying properly in the first place, I would have no more problems.

I hope this makes the situation clearer for you to investigate.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bcollie 10 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum