Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

I’m planning to upgrade my Joomla 2.5.27/JA University 1.1 site to Joomla 3.3. Do I need to uninstall the J2.5 version of the JA University template before updating and installing the J3.3 version or which procedure do you recommend?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi If you are using (JA T3v2 Framework) then make sure the template is compatible with Joomla3.2.x only .
    If your site is on T3 Framework then you can update Joomla to 3.3.3 .
    Template is used for both Joomla versions . i don`t think you need to install it again . because its for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.x.

Andrew Winkler Friend

I’m using JA University. Template version 1.0.7. Which version do I need to upgrade to before or after the upgrade?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Please check which framework you are using JA T3v2 Framework or T3 framework (responsive) .
    You can check both version on download page
    If you wish me to check this you can PM me your admin details to me .

Andrew Winkler Friend

To my knowledge, the framework I’m using is T3

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    checked your site . i saw you already upgraded the joomla to 3.3.6 .
    and i found both template in your admin panel for JA T3v2 and for Latest T3 framework .
    but i also saw currently your site is running on old JAt3 v2 framework . so if you want to use latest responsive framework .
    You need to disable old JAT3 plugin and install new T3plugin .

Andrew Winkler Friend

After upgrading Joomla to v3.3.6 I still have problems:

1. The backend produces blank pages.
    2. The frontend produces blank pages too after login.
    3. In addition, the frontend produces these kind of pages on all Joomla or K2 Content pages:

http://awesomescreenshot.com/05c3tk5n47

I’ve deleted the second template because I would rather update the current old template than installing an additional new one because that would require me to redo the entire template configuration and template allocation to menu options. It would be great if you could help upgrade the old template.

I’ve tried disabling the JAT3 plugin but that caused some pages, for example http://therebel.org/en/tv/ to produce error message saying that the JAT3 plugin must be enabled.

Andrew Winkler Friend

I was able to restore the site – into a fresh directory – from a 2 day old backup. Restoring it back into the same folder didnt’ work. The same error persisted. That indicates to me that it wasn’t changes made to the configuration but some file on the site that was causing the problem. My site gets frequently hacked and vandalised by hostile governments and political organisations.

To avoid losing all the many changes made since the last backup, I would like to upgrade the site again back to Joomla 3.3 and copy back the database I copied yesterday before the restore. I could use your help with the template for that.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

If you still have any question or need further assistance, please provide your site url with temporary back-end account via private reply so I can have a look ?

Andrew Winkler Friend

What I need help with is upgrading my joomla 2.5.27 site to joomla 3.3.6. I tried twice, but each time my site started producing blanks, both on the frontend and the backend. What I would like to do is upgrade the existing JA University 1.0.6/JAT3 template to the JA University 1.1/T3 template, and I had to restore the site from an akeeba backup. Are you guys going to help me with that?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi Andrew this is not a proper way . and you are not only updating the template . you also moving from 1 framework to different framework . Currently you are running on old JA T3v2 . and you want to move on latest jooomla + T3 framework .
    Apply these suggestions :
    1. Install T3 plugin and JA University template of T3 framework from here
    2. Now Disable old JAT3 plugin and enable latest T3 plugin .
    3. Disable old JA university template and enable and assign new template
    4. Check all the layouts/menu on frontend .Follow this user guide of template for setting
    5. Now when you have successfully moved to New T3 template check all of your extension compatibility for Joomla3.3.6 .
    6. If there are not compatible you need to remove/disable those extension
    7. when everything is compatible with joomla 3.3.6
    Apply this thing to your test site first , don`t play with your live site
    + Always take a backup of your site before any update

Andrew Winkler Friend

After upgrading to the T3 version of the JA University template (still Joomla 2.5) I have a couple of problems:
    1. The menu is displayed in the left corner of the window rather than centered. Is there a custom.css overwrite to fix this?
    2. When I switch from English to German, I get an error message saying that the old JA T3 plugin needs to be enabled. I don’t get the same message on the default English side of the site, and if I turn on the JA T3 plugin, the English side creates blank pages.
    3. I get the same error messages when clicking on the News menu option of the top menu. The main difference between that page and the other pages is that it uses the JA New Pro and JA News Featured modules. I’ve upgraded it to version 2.59 respectively 2.6 but I still get the error.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<blockquote>1. The menu is displayed in the left corner of the window rather than centered</blockquote>

Add this css code in your custom.css file
    css/custom.css if there is no custom.css then create a file with name custom.css .
    + If you have changed css for main nav please revert your custom code .

@media (min-width: 768px) {
    .navbar-nav {
    margin-left: 130px!important;
    }
    }

<blockquote>When I switch from English to German, I get an error message saying that the old JA T3 plugin needs to be enabled. I don’t get the same message on the default English side of the site, and if I turn on the JA T3 plugin, the English side creates blank pages.</blockquote>

It happen because your German language menu items still using old JAT3v2 template .
    you need to check change template style for these menus to default template .

Andrew Winkler Friend

This custom code only moves the menu 130px to the right, which will not always be right. What I just noticed is that if I click on ‘Blog’ or ‘Forum’ or ‘TV’ the menu is displayed correctly in the center. Only on the homepage ‘Community’ is aligned to the left. How can that be fixed?

Andrew Winkler Friend

The content-mass-top position no longer exists like in the JA T3 version of the JA University template. Which position do I used instead?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

This topic contains 36 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum