Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

I’ve tried upgrading Joomla 2.5.27 to 3.3.6 several times using the Joomla Updater component. It always performed the automated Akeeba backup first and then timed out. Then I tried installing a downloaded copy of the full Joomla 3.3.6 installer, using the Extension manager installer. That times out too. Then I uploaded and extracted it to the /tmp/ folder and tried to install it from there. It failed after a few seconds with the result that the site’s frontend only produces blank pages and the backend error messages such as ‘illegal call to non existing function so and so on line so and so…’. So I had to restore the site from my akeeba backup.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Akeeba will run because you set it to auto backup . you need to check your akeeba settings .
    installing a download package is not right way to update Joomla , i am afraid you can loose your site in different experiments to update .
    use recommended method to update . by Joomla component . For time-out issue contact to your hosting provider to check the php limits .

Always take a backup of your site before update Joomla .
    Don`t play with your live sites .

G T Friend

I did purge cache. And it is showing version 3.0.3. Screen shot attached[
    ATTACH=CONFIG]41153

1. joomla-update
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Your issue is coming from your joomla . Please raise your thread on Joomla Forum . here is link

G T Friend

I was successfully able to update the Joomla from 3..0.3 to Joomla 3.3. Now I am getting error:

“The template for this display is not available” in admin

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Please follow this thread(your own thread) . here

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

This topic contains 36 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum